Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

short back&sides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: short back&sides
    Posted: July 31 2006 at 6:06pm
Here in upstate New York I have seen several variations of the short back&sides cut that was popular on women back in the late eighties and early ninetys so far this summer. It is cut very close up the neck and at least to the tops of the ears, or even a couple of inches above. The top is left longer, anywhere from an inch to maybe as long as three. There may be a well defined weight line,looking like a bowl cut, or it may be tapered. It is really quite a striking style, and I was wondering if anyone in other parts of the country are seeing cuts like this.
Longhaired Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 3:04am
Yes.
I live at times in the midwest, and at times on the west coast, and I have seen women wearing variations of the style that you describe.
mustbcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustbcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:37pm
I live in Tampa and I have the back shaved with a Concave bob. I love this hair cut. I do see people here with there hair that way.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 4:03am
Sounds like Demi Moore's hair in Ghost.  I always thought her hair was the best thing about that movie. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 10:23pm
I had my hair cut short kind of like what your talking about. My hair was just past my shoulders with a layered curly perm. The perm was starting to grow out and I was ready for a change.I found a picture of a short cut that I liked in a style book at the salon. My stylist sugested I leave the top about 2 inches long but taper the back and sides. She used clippers and buzzed the back into a supper short taper to the top. I love my new short cut.
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 11:45pm
Stacy did u just cut your hair like that? How old are you?
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 8:26pm
I'm 38 years old. and yes I  cut my hair like this about 3 weeks ago. I was ready for a change and I love it. It was a shock going from long to short but I would do it again.
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 8:45am
This past weekend my wife got a variation of this cut and looks great. She had the sides and back cut with a #4 clipper guard, and the top razor cut to about an inch long.The shorter back and sides were blended nicely with the top so there is a barely noticable weight line. The stylist said that she has given several women similar cuts this summer, and short hair in general seems to be making a come back.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 8:51am
That would be good news, for sure ^_^v !
More awesome than a manatee!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 8:49pm
xxxzvp
You are so correct. Many women have this cut with some variations. I have cut my wife's hair much the same. just a tad shorter on the sides.
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 5:28pm
Mike, how short does your wife go on the sides and back?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic