Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colouring uncoloured wefts/strands question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colouring uncoloured wefts/strands question
    Posted: August 06 2006 at 3:43pm
A seller on ebay is offering both pretips and wefts that have been "stripped" of colour so you can colour them yourself. Good idea i thought (saves double processing and ruining already coloured hair) but correct me if im wrong, when hair has been bleached white (and im sure this is what has been done to this hair to get it to the uncoloured stage) it is unable to be properly coloured because there is nothing left in the hair strand for the colour pigment to attach to....so this would mean you would pretty much be tinting the hair which would mean the colour would fade pretty fast.

Have i got it pretty much sussed? or do you think they have done something magical to the hair so it can be coloured properly lol
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 11:25pm
this would worry me...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 3:48am
yeah i thought it was too good to be true :(
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 5:59am
Do you know if the crazy colors Bohyme hair fades rapidly?
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 6:26pm
bohyme seems to be pretty good, esp with colour holding in the hair. Even though i havent used it, i would say it would be pretty good and the colour would hold.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 6:37pm
Ive never seen crazy colors by Bohyme.
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 1:06am
Kristen sells Bohyme on Yourhairshop.com. and there's a huge selection of Bohyme silky straight crazy colors. She said those colors stay true, only the clip-in colors will fade after a while cos they're meant to be worn for short periods only and you don't sleep on those.
Check it out. I haven't seen the bodywave on there but I'm pretty sure she can get her hands on it.
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 1:54am

I don't think that's Bohyme brand in the crazy colors, it's the Remi 101 hair.  In any case, I bought a a few wefts of the Remi 101 from hairpiece.com in the 1B/burgundy color and although the bugundy did lighten up some, it did hold amazingly well.  I was also very impressed with the hair quality too.  I'd buy that brand again in the future.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic