Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What kind of shampoo should I use?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairtroublelv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtroublelv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of shampoo should I use?
    Posted: August 06 2006 at 8:06pm
I just had my hair bleached and toned to the blonde shade that I like...I don't want it to turn brassy or orange.  What kind of shampoo do you recomend that I use?
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 1:16pm

There are so many great products out there ranging from expensive to cheap. I've found I had to try several kinds to find one that my hair liked.

Cheap: Garnier Fructis for color treated
Moderate/expensive: Joico for color treated

And don't forget the conditioner!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtroublelv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 10:57pm
does conditioner affect the color of my hair Kelly?
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 9:41am
No ma'am.....not unless you want it to. There are reds and golds to remove ash tones.....and violets and blues to remove gold tones.

Edited by KellyH - August 08 2006 at 9:44am
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 3:55pm
L'Oreal has great shampoos across the whole line, and Pantene has great conditioners.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 11:27pm
I was having TERRIBLE problems with the tone of my blonde hair AND brassiness and I found a few products that worked WONDERFULLY for me:

I've been using Jhirmack Silver Highlights shampoo (it's purple and IS for blondes too); Davines conditioner (Platinum/it's purple); Fanciful Rinse (White Minx/it's purple -- you use this after you've washed and conditioned/don't rinse out -- it doesn't weigh the hair down at all/can't even tell it's in your hair); and John Freida Sheer Blonde Mousse (also purple). All of these products, except for Davines can be purchased from the drugstore. Davines is a salon product.

I don't necessarily use all of these products EVERY time I wash my hair, but they are wonderful for KEEPING your color FRESH. I was so UNHAPPY with my hair before, whereas now I LOVE it!

Edited by Alayney - August 08 2006 at 11:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtroublelv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 9:10pm
that's great Alayney... I am using Shwarszkopf shampoo for my hair (its purple) my hair still seems orangy though...I just had it bleached and toned...the toner couldnt stay in long because my hair is porus...it seems like what orange that was taken out is already fading, I don't know. 

Edited by hairtroublelv - August 09 2006 at 9:11pm
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 7:50pm
Paves Flawless No Sulfates Allowed shampoo $6 plus shipping at hairboutique.com $6 Walgreens stores $6 plus shipping at walgreens.com Back to Basics blue lavender shampoo sulfate free at Ulta stores salonsavings.com beautydeals.net  ammonium laureth,ammonium laurel sulfate, sodium laurel,sodium laureth sulfate fade dyed hair.

Edited by jean32 - August 10 2006 at 8:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic