Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dominican Salon/Stylist in MD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leigh82616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh82616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dominican Salon/Stylist in MD?
    Posted: August 08 2006 at 9:28am

Hello,

I recently moved to Howard County MD from NJ and am desperately looking for a Dominican Hair salon.  Does anyone have any recommendations on salons and/or stylists?  Thanks in advance!!!!
PARKSLOPEAG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 9:39am

Hello,

I know just what you mean I moved to MD from BKLYN  NY...Please please if you have found a place let me know am also looking for a dominican place. I have not found any good places here this is what I miss most about home hair places here suck! I just got my hair dome last Friday and when I walked out I just wanted to cry they do the worst job I've seen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh82616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 12:49pm
Yes, I did finally find a place that I actually liked and did an excellent job.  It's called Claudia's in Silver Spring.  I had my hair cut and roller set.  She did an excellent job.  So, that is definitely my new stylist here in MD.  The website is www.claudiasdominicanhairsalon.com.  If you have any more questions about it, just let me know!!
beautyinandout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyinandout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 9:39am
If you all don't mind me asking:

1) what was the name of the salon that did a terrible job &
2) what are the prices like at Claudias?

I'm a grad student, so cost of service is EXTREMELY important.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 10:21am

Robertsons day spa in Crofton Village was terrible. Claudias wash and rollos $35.00.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh82616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 2:26pm

I'm a grad student too, so I know how it is!!  I got my hair cut, washed, and set for $50. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 2:43pm
Last weekend I cut, relaxed,and set my hair bottom price $100.00 flat

Perla is the name of this place. Lot's of money but a job well done!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 7:34am
I'm from Brooklyn NY where wash & set is $14-$20 and they do such a great job no need to even fix it when you get home. Here the cost is out of control and am never happy and alwalys always have to go home and do something extra to my hair. It's crazy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyinandout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 8:53am
Parks,

I'm a little bit confused by your posts.  Were you actually satisfied with the job done by Claudia's??  And $100 for the second job but only $35 for wash & roller set? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 9:06am
Caudias had a great price for wash & set in MD. However to relax cut & set my long thick hair. I usually pay around $85.00 anywhere in MD. Claudia's is more of an assembly line if you've ever been there. Perla's is a beauty salon where a client can have the same slylist time & time again. Claudias is on a first come 1st basis no same stylist can be requested there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyinandout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 9:15am
thanks for clarifying...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 10:18am
no problem!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh82616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 11:56am
Is Perla's also a Domincan spot?  Where is it located?  If it's closer to me than Claudia's I may have to try it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:05pm

Perla is 5 min from Claudias & it's also a Dominican place with I belive 1 or 2 stylist from El Salvador... 301-588-6087 .

8433 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring Md.20910

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh82616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:19pm
Thank you!!!  I tried Sashelvis in Silver Spring and had a horrible experience there.  Then I went to Claudia's and she really did an excellent job.  But, if this place is better, I may just have to try it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:31pm

for the time I was there I watch many clients arrive & leave looking great. (BY DOMINICANS ONLY)  Including my hair they gave me a cut I have to say...was one of my best cuts. "

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh82616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:40pm
Is there any one stylist there that you recommend? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PARKSLOPEAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 1:01pm
Her name is Judezca she's having a baby soon and so she may not be there on some days . I would call first to make sure she's there. They also have someone name Rosi from El Salvador in which I did not allow to work on my hair since  her hair and mine are night and day and I'am a firm beleiver in having some one that not only has experience but that knows my hair texture. I understood she was up set over my choice however Is my hair and I need to be happy when is all said and done with. But from what they told me she does good hair also (but they all agreed she would have been lost with my hair)I did not see her with a client the entire 3 hours I was there. No one seem to want her to do their hair! I guess if you go to a Dominican place your looking for a dominican hair stylist in particular. I can speak for my self with that being said.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic