Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mixed hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MixedUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixedUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixed hair
    Posted: August 16 2006 at 4:26pm
Whats up fellas? I'm mixed black and white and would like to know some methods from the other mixed up members.  I know the whole brushing is a must rule, but my hair is soft and has to be atleast like an inch and a half to even curl. Just looking to see if there is anything different they do than people with tighter curls.
Frizzle1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 5:10pm

Yo dawg, i'm mixed too and i have that really thick, course, and curly hair but my hair starts to curl at a lower length than yours ( like 1/2 an inch) I'd say keep your hair at that length ur hair curls at and train it (brush it down) and sleep wit a wave cap.

U should have some wave formation in no time since u have them loose curls. From that point on, just brush and wave cap as much as u can and when u get ur hair cut, try not to get it cut below your wave length.

Maybe try some S curl wave gel activator to tighten the curls but honestly, i've used it and yeah it made my waves a lil' more defined and curls a lil tighter, but really, ur pretty much stuck with the texture u were born with.

u will prolly end up with the deep, wide waves.

Ps, if u haven't already, try doin a search on the board next time for a similar topic because odds are that someone has had the same question as u. It may have already been answered before too. Just tryin to help u out.

Latez.
Mr. Jaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Jaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 10:22am
wave caps come off at night
young_africa View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 12:15pm
you some of that scurl gel activator brush it in.

it would be better if u had pics
tryin2spin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryin2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 1:12pm
i think ur confused with that 1 and 1/2 inches cuz most ppl overestimate the time there hair grows, i.e u have a half and inch of hair and u think its an inch, 1 and 1/2 inches is the length of the hightop fade in the fresh price of bel air show that will smith had, thats a mini fro. try growing ur hair out for 3 weeks, moisterize it a lot during that time and after that 3 weeks wet ur hair, if u cant see curls then try combing it backwards. and ur waves wont be spaced out that much, most people that have super spaced out waves are part indian or mexican, look at mine
im part indian.
but anyways use that s-curl gel and a lot of moisterizers like pink lotion or motions...not carrot creme that only works good wen u brush it in, and brushing before ur hair gets curly only makes it straighter.
shampoo everyday for a week to make it softer and more managable
o ya and dont use pomade until u already have waves because it doesnt help em at all it just defines em after u have the waves

MixedUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixedUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 1:19pm
Tryin2spin my hair texture is pretty much just like yours.  Thanks for the help. Pics will follow soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic