Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stubborn gray , help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
younggirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younggirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stubborn gray , help!!!
    Posted: August 18 2006 at 4:50pm
Hello
I have been dying my hair to cover my 30% gray for years. I use permanent hair color in Loreal Excellence cream in light golden brown with grayMagic for 45 minutes  and it only last a week before my first white hair pops up.  I then usually wait two weeks and dye the gray with Loving Care which helps, but washes out within a week also.  I have tried using Color Gems from Sally's in a Light golden brown also, but my hair came out uneven and very, very dark. Almost black. It took months for the darkness to wash out and my gray popped up within a week wiith that also. I have also tried applying peroxide first to soften the gray, but that is disaster as the gray hair comes out very light compared to the rest of my hair. Does anyone have any suggestions or help. I have premature gray due to iron deficiency. Does anyone have any suggestions the hair color is drying out my hair. I recently cut it very short due to this.

Signed,
Tired of coloring my hair
msjuliarobertz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjuliarobertz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 3:42pm
use color charm from sallys with 10 or 20 vol developer. presoften ur gray first( put the color or a tad light color of the same on the gray first. that means just color no developer. for 10 to 15 mins. then mix the color and put over top. that should help. and use colortreated shampoo. 
susiespearish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susiespearish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 2:15pm

Hi .
     Sounds like your playing around with your hair too much and using too many products.I've been fighting grey for twenty five years and there really is only one solution.Apply a permanent tint closest to your base shade and retouch the roots every three to four weeks.Use a "grey series" professional tint such as Matrix or one of the many designed especially for grey hair.They will last and "take" far better.Consider going a shade or two lighter so that the regrowth of the grey won't be as noticable but this MUST be done in a salon,or alternativley have some highlights run through the top so the grey doesn't stand oput so much.For years I managed with a home colour of Belle Colour which covered everything and lasted well but nowadays the professional grey series tints are much kinder.Loving Care is not nearly good enough no matter what it says about covering grey on the box.
I'm having major problems myself nowadays with 80% grey and orange tones but for many years the above worked so well no one had a clue I had any grey.
Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic