Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

damaged hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianaxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianaxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damaged hair
    Posted: August 19 2006 at 4:39pm
  can anyone help me sort my hair out, it is passed my shoulders and has been highlighted quite a few times and now its in such bad condition that it just keeps breaking off. it is so dry that there is no way i could bleach it anymore. im going to get it cut into a bob to give all the shorter hairs a chance to grow down. could i just put a normal dye in my hair now or will that make it worse. please give me some advice......
susiespearish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susiespearish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 6:58pm
Hi all.

I'm in the UK and currently about to start on my third year of a mature hairdressing course.I'm in my early forties but have previously studied beauty and am loving the course.Shame I can't say the same about my own hair whcih started turning white in my late teens thanks to my dad who we call snowy and has been white for as long as I can remember.
Already finding great information on here.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 11:39pm
  Please DO NOT put color over your hair until you listen to my advice.For the damage,find a beauty supply store (Sally's) and buy a bottle of NEUTRAL PROTEIN FILLER,a big one. You can dilute it with water and apply to hair 20 minutes a day and it will revitalize hair.Also can be used when coloring and fills in weak spots of the hair so they dont break off. It also leaves hair very shiney. A hair dresser told me about this and I never color my hair without it now.
Or you could try NEXUS emergencee which is also good for strenghtening hair.

Ok,if you get the protein,and decide to color,you will add about two ounces of it into the hair dye bottle.
         Now,finding THE RIGHT COLOR is another issue! My advice,is to call CLAIROL or visit their website at www.clairol.com  Go to CHAT now,and you can instant message with a color consulatnt free. They will ask what color you have,what products you've used,and what color it is you desire to help you find the right shade for you.They are very nice and EXTREMELY helpful.
And...if you do have to cut it to a bob,dont worry,they are cute looking! Best of luck to you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 11:42pm
 Oh yeah,also forgot. just for regular frizziness and dryness,get BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY (I got mine at haircuttery) Put on when hair is Damp and it smooths hair and makes it softer and shiner.It is really wonderful for damaged hair. Or John frieda's Frizz ease is ok too.(walmart)
dianaxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianaxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 3:18am
hi julie thanks for the advice but i got my hair cut into a bob already and it looks so much better already. where do u get the netraul protein filler im from the uk and have not heard of it. please let me no and thanks again for the advice ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 4:36am
 You can get it at a BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE(or maybe even online,?) The brand is called COLORFUL NEUTRAL PROTEIN FILLER (but it is actualy clear). A hair dresser told me about it 5 years ago. I was worried my hair would break off when she colored it cuz it was damaged,and she said,"It wont,I'll put protein on it". Now,whenever I color (or change colors,it need not be used EVERYTIME just for touch ups) I add about an ounce-2 ounces to the dye and the results are marvelous.
If you cant find it,The NEXUS Emergencee is just as good. Just follow directions and make sure to condition after.
The BEDHEAD AFTER PARTY doesnt really repair,but it really smooths the hair and makes it soft and shiney,exspecially if you have to blowdry (as I do mine everyday)
I bet your hair looks awesome.I have always favored the bob,it's very sophisitcated and stylish.

Edited by julesyjul88 - September 15 2006 at 4:39am
dianaxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianaxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 4:59am
thanks again for advice will try to find the protein on the internet but thanks for taking the time to reply, no doubt i will be needing more advice at a later date lol thanks again x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic