Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coloring Hair Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Flaca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring Hair Extensions
    Posted: August 24 2006 at 8:22pm
I LOVE my human hair extensions, the best thing I have ever done!!! I had them put in out West, live on the East coast and will visit the stylist that put them in for replacement every quarter or so. However, she gave me directions in coloring and I need to get you all's advice. She said to color the top of my head and the sides of my temples where my real hair is with a permanent color, to cover my white. (Yes white, turned 30 and the started to come in) She said to use a semi-permanent color for the extensions. So question #1, regarding the semi color, could I use a demi color? Would that last longer and not require such frequent coloring? My hair and extension color is a 3 Red Brown from Redken, but would like to go a little darker. Question 2# can't get access to Redken hair color. Can someone recommend a great brand of hair color both perm, and or semi/demi? Question #3, how often should I color the extensions? I am really wanting to maintain them well to cut down travelling so much to the west for replacements. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Edited by Flaca - August 24 2006 at 8:23pm
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2006 at 3:10am
I have dyed my extensions with permanent color. Just went to the supermarket, picked the one I liked and used it. No problems.
I think one has to be more careful when it comes to bleaching, but I have no experience with that.
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
sedgers1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 6:55am
Have always coloured my extensions with supermarket brands and again had no problems.  What type of hair do you have? Indian, european?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic