Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Easy Straight'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Easy Straight'
    Posted: September 08 2006 at 1:26pm
This morning I was watching tv and I saw an ad for this product called 'Easy Straight.'  Apparently it's like a temporary hair relaxer that lasts about a week... here's a description:

I'm thinking about giving it a try because I have pretty wild, wavy hair but I don't like to srtaighten it everyday because I've done a lot of damage to my hair in the past by doing just that  Has anyone else ever tried it?  Do you think it's safe and effective?  Thanks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 2:11pm
Well, I've never tried it myself, but have read really bad reviews on it on another site. According to the reviews it really dries out and damages your hair, and causes breakage. OH, and they say is really not that easy to use at all. I personally, wouldn't take a chance with it.

Much love, Shary
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 7:24pm
heh, good i came here first.  thanks, shary

i think i'll be straightening less often, anyway... i came to school today with curly hair because i was running late & didn't have time to straighten and everyone loved it.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 10:47pm
good for you blueorca. good to see your'e in touch with your inner curl
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 8:10am
There's peroxide in step two!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 2:41pm
So happy to hear you are loving your curls!

Much love, Shary
mzfrizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzfrizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 12:33pm
Easystraight is okay if it is your last chance relaxer. It does not burn your skin, not even a tingle. It performs differently on everyone. I use it because it is mild. It relaxes my hair enough that I can comb it. It does revert less than most no lye relaxers. You can use a plastic cap to increase the effects. I would not use easystraight if you have other products on your hair, and by other I mean henna, bleach, relaxers, perms, etc. Easystraight will work best, and cause the least amount of damage on virgin hair. Easystraight is a good product. I wash my hair, let it air dry, then flat iron. My hair will stay straight unless I am drenched. Do not use easystaight if you want to keep your natural curl, because your hair looses it's curl definition, but this makes it easier to straighten.

The damage caused by easystraight is isolated to the areas of my hair that have been relaxed with other products, I would consider the damage shedding. It does not burn you at the root or scalp.

Oh yeah, and unlike most relaxers, there is no smoothing or combing. I think that is why this relaxer works for me.

Edited by mzfrizz - December 04 2006 at 10:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic