Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a picture for my stylist!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hnich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a picture for my stylist!
    Posted: September 08 2006 at 8:55pm

First of all, I joined this forum to ask this question, but please don't think I'm rude!

Ok, so I got my hair cut a few days ago..and gave my stylist a visual description of the cut I wanted...I thought that would be enough, since my hair was already close but...yeah, it didn't, I got super depressed after, cause it..really sucked...they told me I could come back in a few days for a retouch if I still didn't like it..so I will!
ok, so I want a short, wavy hairstyle that's kindof classic and elegant, and BIG (or easily able to get big with styling)
I found some small pics of what I want, but I'd really like a bigger picture so I'm clear..
This first pic is what I brought to the stylist the first time, months ago..but now I can't find the big picture!
and here's a sketch that I might bring in, if I can't find anything else
and this is an EXTREME example of what I want (it's obviously a wig)
Please help me if you can! I'd really appreciate it

Edited by hnich - September 08 2006 at 8:56pm
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 6:33pm
i say go with the sketch
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 9:39pm
I would bring them both
hnich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 9:50am
thanks
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 8:25pm
Have you gone back yet to get what you wanted?  If so, did it turn out for the better?

HAWG
hnich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 11:11am
Unfortunately due to work, school and me being across the city, I haven't had any time to go in yet...I'm not sure if they will even take me in to fix it now, they said I had a week, it's been about two and a half...
but the thing is she really butchered my hair! My bangs are crooked, and go off in all directions instead of straight, I asked for more volume and texture, and my hair is now flatter...I asked for soft, elegant curls, and she tried to give me a shag...
My friends say it looked like I got nothing done to it, one of my friends honestly said my bangs look horrid...
sigh...I'll phone them and let them know, but I definetly won't be going back again...the first time was really good, but that stylist quit...I should find out where she went...
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 3:13pm
I would try to locate the stylist that you like at this point and would not revisit the place where the disaster occurred.  Best of luck.  My wife is going through the same thing; time will heal all wounds.
HAWG
hnich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 9:17pm
alright, so went and got it fixed today...the hairstylist who butchered it quit, so at least she didn't touch it! the woman there evened out my bangs, and fixed some layering problems, then did the miracle of showing me how to do my hair the way I wanted to...
still won't go back again, but at least my hair looks ok now! I have a stylist back home in Winnipeg that I trust, so when I go home for visits I'll just get it done there (it's Mike at Society, if anyone here's from the Peg)
ps..the butcher/fixup was at iodine and arsenic in toronto
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 9:21pm
Great to hear that everything worked out for you, especially showing you how to style it.  That's great.
HAWG
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 11:13pm
So happy to hear you finally got what you wanted.

Much love, Shary
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 8:29pm
I came across this one; sorry it's a little late.  Maybe for future reference?

HAWG
hnich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 8:41pm

ooh..that's a nice pic too, thanks for finding it for me!

My hair right now looks like a cross between the first pic I posted and the third...It has curl, but it goes outside, sort-of fifties ish...I really like it now, and my crooked bangs aren't annoying me anymore!

It really was all in the styling though, It's so easy too...I'm glad the second one showed me how
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic