Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bellaamaris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellaamaris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly hair extensions
    Posted: September 10 2006 at 5:50pm
Has anyone here with naturally curly hair ever gotten extensions?  What type if so?  I have very curly spiral type hair to my shoulders and I would love some really long extensions but have no clue what to get.  I already checked out the hair extensions forum but saw no topics covering this.  Any help would be appreciated,
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 10:07pm
I have personally never had extensions. However I have a friend that owns a very prestigious salon in the Dominican Republic and they do all types of hair extensions and know and do all the techniques. She put extensions on my sister, and on a friend of mine. I can tell you that she matched their hair textures exactly. You could not tell the difference between the hair and the extensions and they both have totally different hair. I have gone with them (her and her husband) when they have gone to visit some of the suppliers, and can tell you they have every type of hair.  We have also seen the work they do at their salon, and the results are always fab. From super straight to super curly, to kinky, they can match any hair. So if you find a reputable salon they should be able to match your hair with no problem.

Now if you are going to do the extensions yourself, then you would have to go to the supplier, let them look at your hair, and they should be able to match it for you. They have everything from spiral to zig zag to whatever type of hair you are looking for.
bellaamaris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellaamaris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 10:33pm
Wow, thank you for the info!  I would never do the extensions myself but I am looking for someone in Orlando to get them done.  I just do not know whether to get cold fusion or those ring things or what!
nomorebaldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomorebaldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 9:47pm
Bella

I have naturally curly (very loose spiral, can make it alot curlier by scrunching with gel, etc.) and I have extensions in and have had just about every know brand at one time or other.  Currently I am wearing the elite thermofiber synthetic, and it can be curled however you want it with a super hot iron, and the curl remains in for days.  No lying.  I  have alwarys been bothered with trying to match the texture up too, but you can find some remy body wave that will work nicely.  The best I think you can do with human hair would be a remy body wave on a skin weft.  Pretty hard to find but its out there.  Try the cheap Thermafiber  with some liquid gold to start out and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  You can do it I promise!!!

Edited by nomorebaldie - October 02 2006 at 9:47pm
tommygrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommygrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 1:44am

I WORK AT A HAIR SUPPLY STORE WHERE I SELL HAIR EXTENSIONS THE BEST ONE TO GO WITH IS THE SEPIA BSF OR JBW.

hairheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:04pm
I have curly hair and use hair extensions and my hair is not damaged and is fine.
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 10:45am
i have used bohyme french refined.  they did ok but i had the 22" and it was a little tough keeping them from tangling.

GraffitiKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraffitiKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 7:46pm

Buy Hair- You can buy human hair at : thehairtrader.com www.thehairtrader.com  If you're looking for salons that do extensions, they also advertise their services here too..

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 8:59pm

www.mymaneattractions sells 13 yards, yeah 13, of remy processed curly skin wefts for $160.

ALL EYES ON ME
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic