Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

where do I go?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jillisme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jillisme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where do I go?
    Posted: September 15 2006 at 8:53pm
Well, I have some problems

1. I live in one place but go to school 4 hours away (college student..yay) so my regular stylist is a 4 hour drive away and a $50 fee...I'm trying to save money, too

2. I have a fairly high maintenance style (a-line at the hairline in the back and just below the chin in front) and so it looks crappy after several weeks without a cut. 

I just went to this style this summer...I like it and all, but I used to have a chin length bob with layers which was also flattering (heart shaped face, fine/thin curlyish hair) which is easier to maintain...

So my questions are....where should an on-a-budget college student go for a good haircut away from home  (supercuts, great clips, etc scare me...bad experiences as a child!)

AND

Should I just go back to the old style since I could probably get away with waiting longer in between cuts and not have this problem in the first place?

Thanks =D
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 2:40pm
Depends on where you go to school.  I went to UCLA, and nearby there was a Vidal Sassoon Academy where you can still get the hip trendy styles (cut by students, finished by seasoned pros) for under $20.  Beauty College maybe?  Also ask around at school those with great hair.

Good Luck
Jillisme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jillisme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Depends on where you go to school.  I went to UCLA, and nearby there was a Vidal Sassoon Academy where you can still get the hip trendy styles (cut by students, finished by seasoned pros) for under $20.  Beauty College maybe?  Also ask around at school those with great hair.

Good Luck

There in lies the problem.  All the people I know with great hair go home for cuts...they have long hair.  And I'm in Indianapolis.  There is NOTHING here, haha.  Unless it's hiding?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic