Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut off straggly ends before install?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut off straggly ends before install?
    Posted: September 15 2006 at 9:36pm
My hair is pretty long atm, about an inch below bra strap line without extensions but its in shyte condition (thanks to the bleaching and colouring). Because ive decided i want another 4 inches of length, do you think it would be best for me to sacrifice a couple of inches of the dry ends? i figure the extension hair would make up for the inches id be cutting off, but i am so loathe to trim my hair at all lol 2 inches always looks like more than 2 inches! i do want my hair to be in better condition though....
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 9:56pm
since you are adding extensions, you may as well trim the bad ends. And your hair will be healthier and stronger for it.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 9:57pm
i think you'd do well to trim the dry frazzled ends, when my ends are fried if i dont trim them off they will end up breaking off anyway only to make more of a shyttey mess of the ends
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 2:01am
I agree, on top of that you'd probably see those dry jumpy ends stick out from under your extensions, yuk . Off with them is a good idea.
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 11:49am
Yes-- if you leave them all dried and split...the splitting will just continue up the hair shaft and make your hair much worse in the long run. Off with their heads!
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:40pm
I vote no. Blunt ends on your own hair can break up a smooth transition. It can look like a shelf if you don't have a bunch of layers to blend it in with. When going longer I suggest not trimming the ends off your own hair.
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:46pm
She would just need to make sure the ends are NOT blunt cut. Have your stylist point cut the ends and add a few long layers. That is what I do in between installs, as I wear my hair very long and my OWN hair is past shoulders as well.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 8:58pm

layers are best for adding extensions. It gives a better blend.

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 9:19pm
i always trim the ends it helps it to grow faster- point cut it wont show any lines.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 2:08am
Originally posted by msfitns72 msfitns72 wrote:

Yes-- if you leave them all dried and split...the splitting will just continue up the hair shaft and make your hair much worse in the long run. Off with their heads!
Gotta co-sign with this.. Your hair will be healthier for the trim in the end..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
barbielocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbielocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 6:59am
i agree cut it. if you are getting extensions you wont miss it! and it will grow back healthy in no time!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic