Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleached hair with chunks of color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleached hair with chunks of color
    Posted: September 17 2006 at 7:54am
Angie,

Some people would probably recommend semi-permanent, but I, too, would go with permanent (assuming your hair is good condition to handle it).

You'll have better luck locking in a permanent red than a semi-permanent.

If you decide you want to remove the color at some point, you'll have more options getting out a permanent dye.  Some semi-permanents don't cooperate with Colorfix, which is my color remover of choice.

Good luck! 

Strand test, strand test, strand test!
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 4:13am
i dont know about other people but i recently had a bad experience with "semi" colors... i have med blonde hair and decided to put a supposebly "med brown" semi dye onto it.. well it did look ok at first.. it wasnt a dramatic change whatsoever but i was ok with it until i took a shower and when i came out the shower my hair was back to normal lol it doesnt even look like i dyed it in the first place.. i will never do semi hair dye again.. waste of money.
valkyrie_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valkyrie_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 9:01pm
Hello all...

I have bleach blonde hair currently.  I am looking to put some light reddish or strawberry blonde chunks in it.  Will a permanent color work over the light blonde?  Or would it be best to use a semi permanent hair color?  I am wondering if the semi perm would "bleed" onto the lighter blonde, resulting in "splotches" rather than "chunks".

My hair is currently very short and somewhat spiky/textured.  I'm looking to put color in the bangs and temple areas for a little splash(the blond's a little boring).  Thanks!

Angie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic