Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCome read my Story in the MAGAZINE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Come read my Story in the MAGAZINE!!!
    Posted: September 24 2006 at 5:58pm
Split Ends - Airing This Fall on Style Network at LA’s The Place
hi guys
come read the article about my salon and the show we just did!!!
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
elvira View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 8:02pm
Wow! I just stumbled onto this. That is so cool!
hotg1rl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 2:01pm
That's nice.  I wish I had style network to watch it.
Vampyfox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 2:38pm
I noticed the cost of this 'new' invention was omitted. It is even stated, no price quotes over the phone! It seems you only find out the price during the consultation.

What if the price is extortionate, and you do not want to go through with the extensions? I bet you still have to pay for the consultation, which will be part of the service. If this is a workable, good method as was stated, other hairdressers will know about it. Also, if this is so exclusive, it will be very expensive. This method may still be in the guinea pig state too.

It is also wrong to say that extensions with cold fusion damages the hair. It doesn't, but needs to be expertly done, as with any treatments to the hair. Regularly coloured hair, especially if bleached, is going to be more fragile, and easier to be damaged, whatever is done. All extensions, having extra weight, will cause some kind of tension, so hair that is in very fragile condition is much more of a risk.

If this is the case, better to wear a wig until hair is healthier, than to pull it around using any extensions. And that advice is free.
Vampyfox
Author/Performer
(Pic taken a few months ago)
www.donni-jay.com
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 9:51pm

Hi,
 I never charge for a consultation, it makes no sense to me to do that. Some stylist do charge and apply the fee to the install.
 I offer my consultations free as a service. I enjoy educatiing clients on all the extension methods available.
 If someone chooses to not go with me, that is fine too.
There is never any obligation. I don't pressure anyone to use my services, and my prices are quoted at the consultation so i can be fair with what the client needs and wants. to give an overall price on the phone isnt fair to the client.

fusion CAN damage your hair, anything can for that matter.
U can see lots of pictures on my website of glue i have removed from lots of clients, and yes what a mess and yes lots of damage.
lots of stylists know about hairlocs it is not a "new" invention. There are many who are certified in this method.Tongue

Edited by TanglesRC - May 07 2007 at 10:10pm
Vampyfox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

Originally posted by Vampyfox Vampyfox wrote:

I noticed the cost of this 'new' invention was omitted. It is even stated, no price quotes over the phone! It seems you only find out the price during the consultation.

What if the price is extortionate, and you do not want to go through with the extensions? I bet you still have to pay for the consultation, which will be part of the service.
wow girl-
take a deep breath-
first off, i never charge for a consultation, it makes no sense to me to do that. I offer my consultations free as a service. If someone chooses to not go with me, that is fine too. There is never any obligation. and the price is not extortionate(what ever that is)
fusion CAN damage your hair, anything can for that matter.
U can see lots of pictures on my website of glue i have removed from lots of clients, and yes what a mess and yes lots of damage.
lots of stylists know about hairlocs it is not a "new" invention-
probably a good idea to do your research before you make such bold statements.
thanks Wink

This is what I said; I noticed the cost of this 'new' invention was omitted. It is even stated, no price quotes over the phone! It seems you only find out the price during the consultation. End quote------

I read this on the site!! But, who is going to go all the way into a salon just to find out a price? Whether you charge for a consultation or not, the site omits a price then states NO PRICE QUOTES! What a way to run a hairdressing business!Angry

Nothing wrong with what I said, or are you just defending that silly statement made in the site? And I did do my research, Clapthank you very much, so my bold statements are based on fact. No price was stated, but it did say that; "No price quotes over the phone." So, what's your beef? Who wants to go all the way in to a salon to ask the price? Except it gives the hairdresser a chance to talk the customer into something they may not be keen on. Or, after going all the way in, they are not interested and their time has been wasted.

And if this is a 'new invention' as quoted by the site too, how can it be, if all 'other' hair stylists know about it? EmbarrassedAs for 'extortionate' prices, that can be anything more than one wants to pay, but is talked into. AND, all kinds of hair extensions, pull on the roots to some degree, not to mention when the comb gets accidentally caught in them. Not to mention the bush the extensions can turn into if washed upside down, without great care. It's your business so you will try to defend it, but be honest whilst doing so.Angry

Vampyfox
Author/Performer
www.donni-jay.com
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 10:41pm
honestly- i do not wish to go round and round with this-
the only point i was making is that i do not charge for a consultation-
you assumed i did. i am a very honest person and a great hair stylist and i care greatly about my clients.
thank you and have an awesome nite

Vampyfox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 10:48pm
Fair enough, but I made my points. Okay, so you may be honest as you say. But, the price was omitted and a person would have to come all the way in before knowing what the charge might be.

This certainly isn't worth going round and round with, so we agree on something.

I am tired and going to bed now, so my awesome night will depend on my dreams. But, thank you for the good wishes.
Vampyfox
Author/Performer
www.donni-jay.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic