Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

glycolic acid peels and pores?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: glycolic acid peels and pores?
    Posted: September 25 2006 at 12:55pm
Do glycolic peels work for minimizing the pores i dont have it that bad just a little on my cheeks, how many sessions would it take? Are there any at home treatments for it or do you have to see a professional? I found a place that is 4 treatments for 216 wow but if it works ill do it.

Thanks.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 1:27pm
Nothing minimizes pores. The size of your pores is determined by genetics. Just like how thick your hair is. There is nothing you can do (regardless of the claims of many companies who manufacture pore reducing creams) to minimize the size of your pores. Drinking plenty of water, and keeping your skin moisturized will minimize the appearance of large pores. Which is actually what those creams actually do (minimize the appearance). A glycolic peel is great if you have certain problems with your skin (dark spots from acne, skin getting older, looking dull, etc). But it won't do much for the size of your pores, and it is extreme.  I mean your face will be peeled off, and you have to stay indoors until it heals and all that stuff. The first week, it might give your pores the appearance that they have gotten smaller, but one week later, they will be back to their normal self.

You seem like you have a pretty clear complexion. Other than a facial, just to keep your skin looking beautiful, I don't think you need anything else.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 3:06pm
yeah i do, just have a few large pore areas that bug me ill just exfoliate then thanks sharyg.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 5:22pm
Anytime girl!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic