Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I darken hair by going next level up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lacolora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacolora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I darken hair by going next level up?
    Posted: September 26 2006 at 9:22am

Hi I'm not new here, but have never posted.  I have a question about haircolor if anyone has a suggestion.  I've been using Ion Brilliance haircolor in Light Golden Brown.  It is getting way too light and almost looks orangy at times, I wondered if I go the next level up and buy a Medium Golden Brown will it come out darker?  It's mostly light at the roots and in some other areas where I had highlights done previously.

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:21am
Yes, if you go up to a darker level, your hair will be darker. If you don't want to go darker, you can try using artec or Redken color shampoos. They are great and really keep the color for a long time.
Denise Kingsley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denise Kingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 5:46pm
What is the natural color of your hair?
Are you applying the color all over your head each time you color?
How and when were the highlights.

I would not recommend using permanent color on the ends of your hair.
When you are darkening or changing your tone, you do not need to use permanent color. It would be wiser to use a demi.
Denise Kingsley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic