Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best ceramic hair straightener?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jenan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best ceramic hair straightener?
    Posted: September 29 2006 at 2:03pm
I came across this comparison web page on the different hair straighteners out there. I have been thinking about a CHI but after looking at this I don't know.

Does anyone have a recommendation between a CHI vs. a Sedu?

Jen
Dontno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dontno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 9:32pm
I have 1" Solia and love it. Haven't try others, but heard that Sedu and Solia are the best.
Wink
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 12:22pm
Sedu and Solia are the best! I myself own a Sedu for two years now and I love it. I have tried them all, even the $398 Bio-Ionic which was a piece of crap and didn't come close to my Sedu. I also tried my friend's Solia and it was great.

Whatever you do, don't get a Chi. They are only ceramic coated, not real ceramic. At the bigining your hair will look great, but eventually you will notice it gets dryer and dryer. With time it will also stop heating up properly and will take longer to heat up. It has no temperature control. And the worst part about it is that they have a tendency to short out quickly. Usually within 7-9 months.

Do yourself and your hair a favor and go to Folica.com and get either a Solia or Sedu. They have great customer service and fast delivery. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee. So you have nothing to loose.

Much love, Shary

Denise Kingsley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denise Kingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 10:16pm
I am a professional hair stylist and have been doing hair for over 20 years.
I know you have been given advice not to purchase a CHI iron, but I have NEVER had any problems with the irons, I have owned several and NONE of them have shorted out, or damaged anyones hair.
I love them and would recommend them to anyone.

By the way, the reason I have owned several is that I give them away, sometimes to my children (grown) and also to clients. I like to get the new colors so I pass the older colors on to others. They love the irons and they are all going strong.

My years of experience, using the CHI flat iron every day at work, speaks for itself.
Denise Kingsley
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 8:06pm
SOLIA SOLIA SOLIA!
That thing is amazing! It had a one year warranty and it's cheaper than both the Sedu and Chi! I've heard that the Chi busts out after like what? Three months or soemthing liek that... My old straightner was a piece of crap...like forty bucks and it PULLED my hair.. I didn't know straighteners were supposed to glide! Hahaha...plus the iron keeps my hair soft and straight throughout the day..which has NEVER EVER happend to me
indignation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indignation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 10:09am
has anyone heard of colorosiss??
is that one good??

Edited by indignation - November 06 2006 at 10:09am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 1:35pm

Do you mean Corioliss

They short out in about 5 months and are expensive. Get a Solia, you won´t be sorry.
And also don´t get a Chi. It is great that Denise has been  so lucky, but many, many people complain about the same problems with it. I doubt any hair stylist would damage anyone´s hair by using the Chi  on their clients hair once a week or less. But for regular users the thing sucks! and it is cheaply made. Not worth it at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic