Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products for a "wavy look"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for a "wavy look"
    Posted: October 04 2006 at 10:22pm

After coming to this site a few weeks ago, I've been trying to use less heat on my hair, but I've slipped constantly. However, tonight I finally found a way to put my hair in a high bun, and still look good with my face shape. So from now on, all I'm ever wearing to school and work are protective buns:)

My question is, I usually flat iron once a week the day after I wash my hair (I let it air dry), but does anyone know of any products that may help in giving me a nice natural wave look? I don't really know my hair type, I just know that it is slightly wavy after washing and fully dry, and does not get too "poufy".  I'm just trying to find some type of safe gel (or mousse maybe??) to put in my hair to eliminate heat all together that would give me a little more wave than I naturally have. But I still want my hair to be healthy of course, and not dried out. It's been 13 weeks from last relaxer, and I'm trying to stay away from them now.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, or where I'm even getting at, I'd love some product suggestions. I am still planning on wearing protective buns, but it would be nice not to be tempted to use a flat iron if I could find something that will make my hair a little more wavy-like.

Thank you in advance. From the short time that I've visited this site, you all seem very helpful.
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 6:56pm
You could try using a leave-in conditoner and then do a braid out. When i do this I get nice waves!Thumbs%20Up
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
soon2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soon2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 5:28pm
You can scrunch your hair for a wavy look or you can put your hair in bantu knots until it dries...take it down and it will be wavy( you dont have to use heat for this style).
hairtype:3C-4A
Tranistioning:last perm 1/29/06
Learning to embrace my true beauty and loving it
lyrical27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyrical27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 3:57pm
well i used Right On Extra LIght Activator and Moisterizer for my waves and they turned out pretty good.  However don't use to much of this product because it can make your hair feel sticky.

an alternative is Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 hair lotion. im using it now, it my hair has never felt more soft and less built up.

by the way both products are around $4 depending on your BSS and are great for relaxed/natural hair.
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 5:11pm
Well honestly I find hair cremes/lotions, basically any wet type of hair product applied directly to the hair and then use a boar bristle brush makes great waves, of course you can also use gel too.
blackblondegrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackblondegrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 1:11pm
JOhn Freida Dream Curls
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic