Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to make hair less "puffy"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to make hair less "puffy"?
    Posted: October 27 2006 at 3:05pm
i have wavy hair and it always seems to be puffy :/. does any1 know how i can stop this puffyness? maybe weigh my hair down or give it less body? lol i never touch body giving shampoos or else *POOF*.

any suggestions would really be appreciated :)
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 6:36pm
maybe try that sunsilk shampoo?

i used the anti-poof shampoo & conditioner and it seemed to help my hair but i have a lot wrong with mine .. it's very damaged and dried out so i think it'd work better for someone like you who's only problem is the poof. :]
you can get a free sample at their website.

Edited by red legos - October 27 2006 at 6:37pm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 7:09pm
if u look at my pic i have curl y curly hair and it can get poofy, so my suggestion is to use deep conditioners like aussie products are decent us curly and wavy heads need  moisturizing shampoos and conditioners and they make affordable decent ones, also when u come out the shower and ur hair is till wet apply a little jojoba oil to ur hair you can find this at a herbal organic store or even online its not expensive and that will weight it down just dont use to much or its greasy not only weigh it down but control any frizz not to mention its very good for split ends.
Babycheeks
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 1:39am
you could get a haircut where the stylist actually uses thining shears. They did this to my husband cuz he was forever complaining about the poof.
Or getting a few layers added in may help.
Alex R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 12:04pm
wow thnx guys, ill try those things out :)
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 1:57pm
I get this too, and it's getting worse the thicker and healthier my hair gets!

More moisture seems to help me. I am currently on the "modified water only" routine but still find I need to do deep-moisture treatments (Snowy's Moisture Treatment from the Long Hair Forum, or coconut oiling) to keep it from getting frizzier.

Layers might not help the problem, because they add body...
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 3:55am
Depends what kind of layers.Some actually make hair look thinner.
living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 10:54am
I've always been satisfied with aussie products.  Seems like the company basically caters just to my hair type... and sooo affordable - I couldn't be happier with them.  However I am also using Ion which is available at Sally Beauty Supply.  Their deep conditioners really cleanse and fortify the shaft to make it look and feel naturally beautiful again.  I'm pretty sure my hair's so funkalicious cause I've used so many dyes... caring for it is sometimes like weilding against the wrath of a thousand firey suns. 

but ya definately Aussie's "Three Minute Miracle" definately whipped those crazy strands into submission... neway good luck with whatever you do and when you find something that works remember to stick with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Biosilk-Silk-Therapy/dp/B0008GJQY2  I've also heard good things come of styling your hair with this product... but I've yet to confirm any marks on this.  : )  Good luck and have fun.

Edited by living1 - January 09 2007 at 11:08am
living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 10:59am
Oh another thing....  I've heard an ideal for sassy hair is to get a sort of undercut with layers... rather than doing up a a cut with the layers visible on top.. do some trimming or "thinning" layers below.  as with this type of hair you will inevitably be left with so much hair after-process you'll still have a lot to work with and it won't be jutting out in the back.  I think it might smooth things out a bit more as well as work with the feminine curve.
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 10:29pm

i have the exact same problem and i'm using the Sunsilk Anti-Poof cream.  it works perfectly!  definitly give it a try.

you can get a free sample here :]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic