Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how attatched are you to your long hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 6:19pm

haha, i love how you two filled up the whole third page of this thread!  impressive

anyway, i was just going to say i can really relate to the whole "my hair is my security blanket" thing... at christmas this past year, my relatives started saying embarassing things about me (you know how families are) and i my hair came in quite handy for hiding my face 'til it was over.

i also love how warm it keeps me in the winter

Edited by Katja
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 11:38am
Thank you. I admit our conversation was quite impressive.lol. Yeah, back to the security blanket thing, I use my hair like that too. I don't know how people can survive without having a lovely curtain of hair to hide your face if you're not wuite sure about something. Like, if I'm embarassed,or I'm trying to hide myself or I feel unsure or whatever,  I tend to turn in to Cousin It.  
shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 12:24pm

yeah, long hair is great to have when you find yourself turning tomato red.

• protector
  • comfort blanket
  • toy for animals...
  • tickle tickler

even

• a weapon...

i sometimes whip people with mine...(not in a kinky way!) unless its my partner that is.  - you can have great fun with long hair! even arrest people with it by tieing it around their wrists!

the ongoing convo - ladyfrog just couldnt shut up. i blame her.

isnt there...um...a place upon the support for long hair forum thats just for general chit-chat? if so, can some-one direct me there? i was also looking for a vent board (ya know, for when we get peed off with our locks! coz c'mon, whether long or short, we all have bad hair days!) cant see one tho?

anyway, yes katja...i love my hair most at winter time. it feels all cushy & warm, and just looks so right when your wearing a big thick jumper!

long hair, its so versitile when it comes to so called "fashion"...wear it free flowing in winter and it looks so inviting & warm. wear it down for summer, in waves...and we look like surfer beachy hippy babes. (not that im putting us long haired folk into pigeon holes!) wear it up...and we stay cool all day....up, down, up...down...either way, its elegant...classy. fullstop.

jeez, im far too old to be a babe!

i know ive said it before, but i am shutting up NOW!

shhhh lady! hush hush now.

dont start me off again

Asmara

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 1:01pm
Shiverpale,  my hair is about the same color as Ladyfrogs although the lenght is about half as long.  Although I want to grow it about the same lenght as hers I can't wait till it gets there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:09pm

niiiice starfighter!

i never really set out for mine to grow as long as it did. it just happend. i never even felt like it was long, until one day someone stopped me in the street and complimented me on how long it was. 1st of all i was like "eh, long?" then i realised just how long it had grown. still today, i forget about the length...then random strangers remind me by asking how long it took to get to the length its at. or i see a photo of me...and the 1st thing i see is me resembling cousin IT off the adams family!

you say you cant wait for it to grow longer...i suggest to speed up that growth you try forgetting about it (not that im saying dont take good care of it or anything!) what i mean is... i find keeping tabs of growth, must be like watching a kettle boil - feels like it takes foreverrrrr!

As

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:26pm
isnt there...um...a place upon the support for long hair forum thats just for general chit-chat? if so, can some-one direct me there?

If you want to chit-chat about general or off topic stuff, there is a "Friendship Forum" here.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:31pm
huh, you've got a cheek! You started the whole conversation off! Good luck with the hair starfighter! Yay! A whole group of people who can't decide whether their hair is blond, golden brown or (just) plain brown!  Shiverpale's right (for once), if you keep waiting and measuring your hair it'll take forever. How I grew my hair (in four easy steps!)
1. forgot about it
2. abused it
3. kept forgetting to get it cut
4. the thought never occured to me to have short hair.

Hair does make a good weapon. Hair-weapon tips
  • plait it
  • put a nice chunky bobble on the end
  • perfect the art of whipping your head round really fast
  • master the expression of wide eyed innocence 'me! attack someone! never!'
Good luck with your weapons!

Lots of love from the Lady Frog xx

ps. wearing yopur hair up is bbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd because then when you're sailing on the sea, it falls out and you've got wind lashing sodden hair in your face and the back of your neck gets sunburnt. Although that might be an individual situation.

pps. you started it!

ppps. I think there is a board for general talkypooing. I'll see you there!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:36pm
hahahjahahahaha - you just cracked me up.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:43pm
thanx! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:44pm

um, im either blind, or im looking ...um....never mind.

what i mean is...where is the place where we can do poop interaction? is it on the long hair support? or is it....just..erm ...is it outside of this safe zone for people with long hair.

i dunno....im confused...i kinda feel very safe here tho.

ladyfrog, show me where i can do talkypooing.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:48pm
Ahh is poor little Shiverpale feeling confused. 
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:50pm
What you do. Go to the forum boards where it has all the differnet ones, long hair support, fine hair, baby hair etc. Then click on friendship forum. OK sweetie?
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:55pm
There si a topic there called random talkypooing-shiverpale! That would be a good onje to start on!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 2:04pm

you serious...

jahaha...you pleb.

listen, i just bought some kerastase hair products off ebay, like 20 quid a shot...and i dont even have frizzy hair. i hear its good stuff tho. used to have a big bottle of it after my perm experiment that went haywire (s'cuse the pun) all those years ago...it worked wonders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic