Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

really thick hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
inferno12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inferno12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: really thick hair?
    Posted: November 04 2006 at 3:38pm
hi i am a white man but my mother is black, and i have really thick hair that for me is impossible to style in any way, it doesn't grow long but doesn't stay short and just gets bushy until i shave it again
i would like to know if there is anyone who can help me with my problem?
capuishis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capuishis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 6:59am
Hi, I am new here and very DESPERATE myself.   I wish I could give you some advice on your hair problem.   Maybe someone will come to our aide?     I need help with my 10 yr. old grandaughters hair.  She has the thickest, curliest, matted hair I have ever seen.  Her Mom has her wash it and uses almost a bottle of conditioner, (treseme, pantene, any kind at all).  She cries and begs her mom to stop combing thru the conditioner at every shampoo day.  It kills me to see her struggle with her hair.  Please help me help her to deal with her beautiful hair and realize she is not the only one who deals with this thick, tangled hair.   There has to be something she can do to tame this curly, matted hair.  She doesn't comb it like she should for just this reason.  She can't get a comb or brush thru it,, it is that thick.  HELP.. Thank you so much. 
Carol P
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 10:28am
I feel.. you thats how my sister hair is...  but not so curly... My mom gave up,and gave her a perm.. but eventually it wears out..and gets thick and hard to comb again
capuishis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capuishis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 3:37pm
Hi,  We finally found a salon to work with my grandaughters thick, curly, matted hair.  They thinned out about a good lb. I swear.  It is better and we are using a creme on her ends every day.  I heard coconut oil and olive oil are suppose to be good also.  If anyone else has any ideas, I am all ears.  Thanks.   Carol P
Carol P
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 8:11pm
My mom uses coconut oil in my sister's hair also.. And she uses castor oil.. That seems to work
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic