Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Julia's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OJuliaDeeO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Julia's Hair Journal
    Posted: November 08 2006 at 4:26pm
Here's my hair history:

When I was younger my hair went down to my bottom and it was straight with a little bit of wave. In junior high i cut it down really short(which i hated) and started to straighten it because my curls appeared (wow! who knew!). For 4+ years I have been straightenig EVERYDAYShocked. But now I stopped straightening since I got 1" or more cut off because of split ends. So I now have bsl hair and it's cut into layers to get rid of some of the bulk. using the fia's hairtyping system: 2B-2C M ii

Goals:
I already reached my goal from last year - reached mid-back length(bsl).
But now I would like it maybe belly-button length.

Currently:
My hair is greasy because I accidently put too much frictis soft curl creme in last night. I don't think it even works because it weighted down my hair, made it feel waxy, and there are only waves, no curls. Before when i put in a smaller amount it was frizzy frizzy frizzy.

Routine thus far:
1. take shower at night
2.wash only with conditioner (my hair is so greasy)
3. pat with towel to dry and add de-frizzer (at this point i use beyond the zone: noodle head b/c it has worked the best)
3. put into two buns
4. sleep
5.wake up
6.if not dry blow-dry w/diffuser for like 2 mins.
7.if/when damp take down and tossel
8.go to schooL!

ps: this is about 10000% faster than anything i've done before

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 3:36pm
Okay, I now officially don't think my hair is curly - it's amazingly wavy and thats alll. It makes me sad to see my hair just a jumble of waves. BUT I am going to try another experiment tonight - the way I used to curl my hair. I seperate my hair into 2 sections....twirl...and then tie them together to get them to stay.  I stopped because my hair looked sort of like a barber's pole, but this time I'm going to finger comb/tossel more and see what happens!
ALSO: It's homecoming today! Too bad i'm not going...but who cares! Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 3:58pm
Okay that plan I had above ^^^ didn't work since i got hair cut into shorter layers and they all fall out. SO now I'm going to try the bun thing again. Maybe  I'll try doing the buns like this:

X-top of hair
                                                   X-underneath hair

Instead of:
                                      X  X

Where I get the two sides of my head. I think this will work and hold my layers in the bun while curling them.

Yes, so today my hair is a little bit wavy, sad, and frizzy.Unhappy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 4:09pm

Today my hair looks great! Partially b/c in stead of doing 2 buns I only did one. It worked out ok. yay! Now all I have to do is wait for my hair to grow out......Confused. The reason it looks great is b/c it's wavy but not a crazy or werid wavy. It's still not curly, which I think it never going to happen because my hair is still holding a grudge against me for straightening it for so long. (but I know i have curl somewhere).  Well I better get going and work on my calculus hw.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2006 at 12:40pm

Today (for some reason) my hair is soo silky and smooth!! It feels so great!! I am really suprised, but I guess all of my conditioning is working! I am now shampooing maybe once a week because my hair tends to get oily about a week to two after I use only conditioner. But I am very excited for my hair! Maybe I'll put pics up soon. Embarrassed Also I got a new showerhead and I don't know if it makes a difference on hair, but it's a lot softer and not so much like a jet than my old one. It seems like more like a waterfall than a laser. haha. I also spent like 30 minutes on my nails today. Usually I just let them grow (they grow at an amazing rate and rarely chip) but I shaped them, cut them down, and took off any remaining nail polish. I think I won't put on too much nail polish now and go natural like I'm doing with my hair - especially since i stopped using my straightening iron and blow dryer!

hair happiness: 7/10 Smile

Edited by OJuliaDeeO - November 19 2006 at 4:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 4:21pm
I was going to post a pic but my hair (although I did get a compliment on it today Star) but it looks...sad.

Good things about my hair today
1. soft!!!
2. didn't frizz up when I was outside
      when it was raining!!!

Bad Things about my hair today
1. werid looking(curls are looking awkward)
2. when i took a shower it felt
   very straw-like (??)

I think I just have waves and little curls at the ends no official curls...but when i see growth or my hair happiness improves i'll update.

hair happiness: 7/10 Smile
hair length: 20" Ermm

Edited by OJuliaDeeO - November 29 2006 at 4:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OJuliaDeeO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 2:24pm
YAY! Lately(like several weeks) I have been totally skipping the whole bun thing at night and going natural. Although in the morning i end up with a weird part, the waves have looked more...normal. Yet today, i actually saw CURLS! Clap !!! They were very loose, big curls, but totally gorgeous. I have noticed that the side i sleep on makes it flat with little waves or curl while the other side is more wavy. But Oh well.  Yea it seems better to just let it try naturally w/o any of my shaping, but about 1/4 of the time it seems a little odd b/c i think i moved around in my sleep too much or something. It would be ideal to just let it dry during the day but it isn't practical. (school at 7:00). Yea well tomorrow is my last exam so got to go study!

hair happiness: 8/10 Big%20smile
hair length: 20.5 inches (1/2" longer!!!)

Edited by OJuliaDeeO - December 19 2006 at 2:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic