Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

you guys were right!they all came out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you guys were right!they all came out
    Posted: November 08 2006 at 8:53pm
im so upset. they felt loose and they all came out. i used hair weave glue and glued them back but it was real hard to see the back of my head and hold a mirror. how do you do it?? anyway theyre in now but im so upset. where to go from here. i love them and dont want to live without them. any help would be appreciated
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2006 at 9:24pm
Did you ever hear from the person who installed them?

Order some LG(much better than latex!) Use clips to section your hair up and out of the way, and my clean/straight partings.

I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
meinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 5:42am
gina does that glue hold longer??
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 5:05pm
Hey meinny. I attempted to email you but Im not sure if it went through. (Stupid dial up connection is causing me FITS, my high speed gets hooked back up tomorrow morning, ohhh...  the joys of moving Confused)

anyway here is how I see the back of my head....ok girls, go ahead laugh at meLOL

I sit on my bathroom counter with my back to the
mirror. I prop a chair in front of me and straddle a full length mirror
between my legs. Pretty high tech eh? LOL

I used to use a different set up. I took 3 full length mirrors and hinged
them together. I propped another full length mirror against the wall with
the 3 way mirror behind me and sat in the middle in my swivel computer
chair. If I needed extra light I used a hardware store clamp light fixture
on the top of my 3 way mirror. I had a little table on one side to hold my
hair and tools. It worked really well. I used this setup when I did fusion
and individual installs on myself that took 5-6 hours to install. Now with
protac I dont drag that setup out anymore!
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 9:01pm
Sherrie, that's brilliant!  I never would have thought of hinging 3 mirrors together.  I tried using a camcorder hooked up to my computer to see the back of my head, but I never could get enough light.  LOL

I'm gonna get some mirrors next time I go to the hardware store.
Hair type: 1a/f/i
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 12:51am
Here's a good tutorial on installing Seamless hair with the sandwich method:

Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 5:46am
Sherrie, I'm just imagining you now... I would laugh, but I can't because your setup is quite smart!
If only we had 8 arms. Like Shiva : standing in front of a mirror, 2 hands holding other mirrors, 4 to install, 1 holding a drink and the last to hold your phone so you can talk to your friends all at once!
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic