Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Completely Unmanageable Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxcorinnex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxcorinnex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Completely Unmanageable Hair
    Posted: November 13 2006 at 4:08pm
Since I was a little kid, I've had extremely puffy, frizzy hair.  No matter what i do theres like an 8 inch radius of fluff around my head.  my life has become a strict schedule of 1-hour flat-iron sessions every other day.  however, my hair is starting to get extremely burnt (ive been doing this for 3 years) and it doesnt seem to grow.  plus im just getting fed up with all the time it takes.  nothing has ever worked for my hair, ive tried every product in the world.  the blow dryer usually makes it worse.  chemicals scare me, if my hair ever fell out or something i would absolutely die.  is there anything  i can do to just give myself normal, flat hair? thats all i want, just normal, flat hair.
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 10:35pm
Try straightening balms or shampoos. They would make your hair straighter faster. Maybe use Sunsilks anti poof or a similar shampoo? 
mzfrizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzfrizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 12:46am
I suggest  hena if you plan on keeping your hair natural. Post back if you're interested.

this is how my daughter's hair looked before i started using herbal treatments
 I have more pics, but there seems to be a problem.

http://str8great.blogspot.com
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 4:25am
I think you should buy an ionic blowdryer,I have one and it really helps with frizz. Also,Try using a big curling iron.You know the ones that are meant for waves and to actually make hair curl? I think it's like a 2 inch barrel or something. Use a product like frizz ease or bedhead after party and then only curl under the ends of your hair using the big curling iron.
Unforuntely,this is the hair you were born with,and nothing will really make it flat unless you do go for a chemical procedure.
Have you ever asked for a "thinning" haircut from a stylist? They do this to my husband cuz he complains his hair is poofy too. They take thinning shears I think and thin out the layers underneath the hair to make it lay flat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic