Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allergy to Haircolor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ShaSha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaSha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy to Haircolor
    Posted: November 13 2006 at 10:32pm
TongueHi
I am new to this board.  I have a question.  I am allergic to haircolor, whether it be permanent or semi.  I think the ingredient that I am allergic tois phenodiamine.  It is the ingredient that holds the color.  When I get color on my scalp, it gets very red and itcy,blistery, and oozing.  Very uncomfortable.  Does anyone know an alternative for I am gray and not that old, and need to color my hair.  Please let me know. Thank you.
ShaSha
SPICE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 9:46pm
 Hi i just went through ur write out, and i think u should use natural hair dye such as henna .... its very healthy and no chemicals....
Markie V. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markie V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:16pm
I agree henna is a good sub for aniline derivetive tints. The main ingredient is cool tar which could be causing your problem.Its found in most permanent and some semi-permanent colors.HAPPY HAIR!Smile 
Hairaddict
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic