Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I think my hair can finally be called long!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think my hair can finally be called long!
    Posted: December 01 2006 at 9:19am
Just thought I'd document the story so far,
for my own amusement more than anything...lol I love looking at other people's pictures and seeing how their hair looks at different stages of growth, so thought I would share mine.

My hair was long up until about spring this year, then I had it cut into this style. I had LOADS of hair taken off and the hairdresser really thinned it out. I thought it was quite nice, but it only ever looked ok when I used hair straighteners on it...so I decided to get growing.

Horrible inbetweeny stage a couple of months later. Yuck. I got tired of using the hair straighteners!

Finally got it past the shoulders. Short messy layers!

It then grew a bit more and I dyed it brown on a whim one night after a silly woman upset me at work and I decided it must have been because she didn't take me seriously as a blonde. *sigh* Darker hair felt weird, a couple of days later I decided I couldn't take it and ended up washing my hair about 30 times a day until the colour faded.

Then got my natural colour back.

It's now this length, which is the longest it's been in a long time. The longer it gets, the more people seem to think I'm younger than I actually am, but I love having long hair, it makes me feel girly. :)

Edited by ally_needs_help - August 11 2009 at 12:56pm
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 12:33pm
Are you serious that it's grown that much just since Spring?  That's an amazing amount of hair growth.  You keep that up and it will be to your ankles in a couple years!  Thanks for sharing your story.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 4:47am
looking good Ally keep growing,  love the thickness and color.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 6:21am
Thanks for sharing your photos!  I know the feeling, people have started asking for my id again when I buy beer at the grocery since my hair has gotten to bra strap length! (They had stopped asking a few years back when I had it in a bob.)  I am over 30 so I'm happy when they ask.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 4:34pm
Really great photos Ali. Actually, I think that half an inch a month thing is only a very rough rule of thumb. I've known people who grow hair at a phenomenal rate!
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 2:06pm
lol susanw, it can be funny when people misjudge your age! I'm 19 and the other night I was out for a Christmas evening meal and the woman there said, "Oh I bet you're too young to be into high heels at the moment." She must have thought I was 15 or something! It doesn't help that I have a bit of a boyish figure, grr.  LOL

Thanks fatmoogas and everyone else, weird thing about my hair is that the growth was slow at first and it was really frustrating, then suddenly it had a growth spurt round about October. I wonder if it was perhaps a response to the cooler weather? You never know!

Edited by ally_needs_help - December 07 2006 at 2:08pm
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 3:18pm
Ally, your hair is great! 

People always think I'm way younger.  Put my hair in 2 braids and take off 3 more years!  lol  I'm 26 and I still get into highschool football games at the student price.  They don't even ask!  LOL
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:20pm
Hi Ally NH,

Your hair is very pretty and the growth in such a brief time is remarkable! Lucky you! Clap 

Don't lament being slender; trust me, it's a good thing.  The passage of time always brings added years and usually added weight.

Until a few years ago, I regularly got carded at stores when buying alcohol.  Never anymore -- must be the fatigue in my face.  Or maybe it's the beard. LOL

P.S. to hairbraider -- nice to see you here, Sarah! Big%20smile
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 8:52am
love da hair its soo gorgeous allyTongue. and hairbraider, if i can get my hair as long and as beatifully curled I think I might just cry with joy.... OMG everbody's hair is just so cayute lol
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 10:52am

SugarCube, thank you so much!  It has taken alot of love and care and dedication. Smile

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 3:57pm
I liked the short, blonde look on you
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 5:17pm
i have to agree i think it looked good short but long works to i just prefer the short on you.
Babycheeks
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 3:30pm
That is amazing! Good for you! what is your goal length? It looks so shiny and healthy.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 6:34pm
Absolutly Fantastic!

Good Growing, keep up the good work :)
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 12:12am
Beautiful hair! So thick!
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 5:30am
wow, ally, your hair is so pretty (and you are too!)

seriously, your hair looks like mine wants to be when it grows up. Mine's darker, and I'm older, so it won't, but wow. The dark color looked just as good on you as the more golden - you are one photogenic woman!

thanks for sharing, it's an inspiration

Katze
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 4:03am
I LOVE it! You look GREAT! You've got GORGEOUS hair (long OR short really)! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic