Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any advice on hot rolling fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any advice on hot rolling fine hair
    Posted: March 23 2001 at 2:45pm
I am looking for some advice on hotrolling fine hair. The other day I was doing a shoot on a model who had beautiful hair, but it was very fine and her length was to her mid back.

I hot rolled her hair in preparation for an upstyle the editor wanted. I used a L`Oreal protective spray on each section then rolled the hot roller onto it, then I sprayed the entire head when all rollers were in, but the curls fell out almost immediately.

Can anyone suggest ways to do this so that the curls will last a lot longer. I thought about a little mousse distributed through the hair before rolling? Any suggestions?
Alex B - Make Up Artist
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2001 at 8:30pm
I have baby-fine hair and there really isn`t much hope for curl to stay in. I have had some success with Hot Sets by Redkin. Spray each section before you put the roller in it, then spray again when all rollers are in. Don`t brush through the hair when you take the rollers out. It also helps a lot to gently backcomb each curl as you take out the rollers. I like Bain de Terre`s Flaxseed hair spray as a finisher. Amplify is also good. Use lots.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2001 at 8:53am
another one to try is caruso steam curlers.

the pro-rodeo court uses them to keep their hair curly for shows and we have all types of hair in that bunch. They hold curl well and withstand the ladies riding thru the arena on those horses. Their hair looks good all night.

like demodoll said, use lots of hairspray. just be careful when you go to brush it out. You may cause breakage of your hair.

Whenever I style mine, I let the water from the shower break down most of the goop, then wash and use a wide pic with lots of conditioner to get the tangles out.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic