Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acheiving platinum... help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acheiving platinum... help!
    Posted: December 10 2006 at 11:34am

a few months ago i asked my hairdresser to make my dyed brown hair platinum. She got it pretty much platinum at the front but the rest was light ash blonde. About 2 weeks ago i decided to attempt getting my whole head platinum myself. I used schwarzkopf xxl live in absolut platinum. It lightened my hair but left alot of brassiness. I used the same dye again last week hoping it would only get whiter.Its lightened my hair but theres alot of orange/yellow tones left, especially underneath. Since then i've used wella shaders and toners in light ash blonde to try and remove the brassiness but theres no difference. My roots are coming through and im left with a mess of colours. Even if the brassiness is removed i doubt i'll be left with the nearly white colour i want. I asked in sallys about toners but the assisant was of no help whatsoever. should i just bleach my whole head? or use a strong toner?  Please help! my hair is really getting me down, all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as i have no clue what to do next.

Mark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 9:09am
Hiya

You could try the Purple Shampoo's as well as those toners and shaders.  After I dyed mine blonde I still had lots of yellow and I washed my hair with this shampoo:

I left on for 10 mins then washed and all the yellow had gone to white!

Mark.

Edited by Mark1 - December 11 2006 at 4:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic