Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair breakage & split ends!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~princess~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~princess~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair breakage & split ends!!
    Posted: December 14 2006 at 5:21am
Hi all!

Ive got long coloured (lightened) hair, that i straighten alot lol and loads of split ends with it!! I go to the salon every six weeks and have a conditioning treatment put on it and a trim, however after a few days its back to normal and gets really dry! It also feels really brittle and when i brush it i get lots of my hair fallen out! Confused
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or know any good treatments i could use at home?

thanks x
~*princess*~
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 4:28am
You should ask for NEXXUS hair emergencee next time you go to the salon.It has aloe and plant proteins and it really helps with damage alot. I leave on sometimes like,20 minutes.Just make sure to rinse throughly and use conditioner after to restore the ph balance. 
starchaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 9:38am
What kind of shampoo and conditioner are you using? Using a good quality conditioner might be the key if you aren't already.

Edited by starchaser - December 21 2006 at 9:38am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 11:09pm
Emergencee is great, but it is a protein treatment, so you can't over do it, or it can cause breakage. Do it every 2 weeks or once a month, depending on the level of damage.

Make sure to use a heat protectant on your ends before blow drying and/or flat ironing (Redken heat glide works great for me). Another thing I discover recently is Jojoba oil. The stuff is wonderful. Get a bottle of organic jojoba oil and oil your hair with it before you wash it. Keep it on for as long as you can and wear a shower cap. The longer the better. Some people even use it overnight. Or you can just add a little to your shampoo.
Get an organic shampoo with no sulfates.

Do it and you won't believe the difference in just a month

Good luck and great hair. 
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 11:19am
First of all, what straightener are you using?  If it's a drugstore one, then that could be damaging your hair.  And, do you straighten and wash your hair everyday?  That is also very damaging to your hair.  You can get your hair wet everyday and only condition.  Try to get a good conditioner (doesn't have to be a salon high end product); Pantene has very great conditioners.  Put this conditioner in your wet hair for at least 20 minutes once a week, or more frequently through the week, if you have time. 

Be very gentle with your hair when combing it out.  Use a wide tooth comb (only brush it when it's completely detangled), with a leave-in conditioner/ detangler (tons on the market), and gently go through your hair when combing it out.

Get a shampoo that doesn't have sodium laurel sulfates (sodium laureth sulfates are more gentle, although people on this board would say NO to any of the sulfates). 

Maybe you need to tell  your stylist when you go every 6 weeks, to chop off all the dead ends, and begin your new hair regimen with healthy hair.

Goodluck:)

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Foxyloxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxyloxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 1:13pm
I read that ken paves has a no sulfate shampoo that is suppose to REALLY good....I saw it at walgreens for about 5 or 6 bucks, but since I didn't need any shampoo, I skipped buying it this month.
Linda :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic