Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are the "Good" Hair growing vitamins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are the "Good" Hair growing vitamins?
    Posted: March 19 2007 at 9:01pm
i take 1 tbsp fish oils in the morning before breakfast and 1 level tsp of MSM before bed.  (just got it 1 week now). 1 multivitamin.

i can't take anything more than that, i just forget to take it or it just sits there and ends up in the garbage. Plus the tablets are HUGE EEK!
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
kenyadh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenyadh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 8:57pm
I take Centrum and a hair vitamin called Nutrilite Complex for Hair, Skin and Nails.  The link is below.

-Kenya
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 11:18pm
I just looked at Phyto's Phytophanere ($48) but I haven't used it so I can't recommend it.
I'm in!
Bouncy Curls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bouncy Curls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 11:06pm
I take Spirulina. It's one of the most natural and complete foods and it contains lots of vitamins
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 3:03pm
I take centrum multi vitamin, evening primrose capsules and drink carrot juice (2 to 4 ounces) everyday since it contains a lot of vitamins.
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 1:44pm
I take prenatal pills just cause its a good multi-vitamin
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
christa ls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christa ls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 6:47pm
i use biotin
Christa S.
http://christaLeAnn123.bebo.com
HairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 6:41am

The most common vitamins taken for hair growth/hair health are GNC UltraNourish Hair, GNC: Hair, Skin & Nail Vitamins, GNC Horsetail Vitamins and Viviscal (if you have some extra $$$).  The Vitamin Shoppe also makes these as well.  Walmart & Drug stores have other off-name brand available.

Many women also take these with a daily multi-vitamin too!
3b/3c Texlaxed, BSL
relaxed_blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxed_blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 11:42pm

My hair routine consists of: Washing my hair twice a week. I use Biosilk oil since my hair is thick and absobs it very well and it makes it even shinier. I get relaxers, but I usally wait four months to get retouches because they usally last long, and I get trims to. I wrap my hair every night to keep certain pillow materials from destroying my hair. Wink 

Hopefully that was helpful to you lol, and thanks for the reply for the vitamins as well.Big%20smile
bellacitaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacitaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 6:09pm
I use Horsetail from GNC. Not only does it make my hair grow, but it makes it really thick. Beware! because it makes hair all over your body grow!Confused Now, I have a question for youWink...my hair is shoulder length. How do you get your hair to grow pass your shoulders?

Edited by bellacitaone - December 16 2006 at 6:15pm
relaxed_blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxed_blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 5:58pm
I'm new to this board, but while was browsing around for hair tips I notice alot of people mention vitamins that help hair growth. My hair is passed my shoulders, and really healthy, but  I would like to speed up the process to growing in a little pass my bra strap. Can any of you tell me the names of the vitamins and a good place to purchase them? It will be much appreciated.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic