Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help need Tips for curly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chancebrown06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help need Tips for curly
    Posted: December 22 2006 at 10:58am
Hay my hair is Natural Curly
But my hair is cutt short at the moment so it's not so curly
Im always useign Hair gel to strightin my hair out it ends up kinda weavie
I was hopeing next time i get my hair cutt it i always get it Thined into Layers
Will this not make my hair not so curly and what kinda Hair gel is best for makeing Curlys Drip

Edited by chancebrown06 - December 22 2006 at 11:31am
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 1:48pm
layers are great for curly hair i like to use redken fresh curl products look for those there great. http://redken.com/products/displayBrand.cfm?b=262
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 3:28pm
I'm not looking for hair gel to curl I'm looking for Gel to make them drip
like kinda straighten my hair out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 5:18pm
usually people use a flat iron for that although i dont  recommend it cause it damages hair and most products dont straighten hair enough but you can try some like KMS Flat out Balm,and Redken  Straight hair balm.
but again if i were you id just let it curl and try to enhance the curl, who said straight was better:) CURL HEADS ARE GREAT! good luck.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 7:56pm

thanx one more thing since you have help me out alots sill

You may know something about this
i have dark brown hair i regularly use " Kaleidocolors with pure white vol 20"

But i didn't this time i went out to " Sally Beauty supply"
i told them i just want to hi light my hair but i problemly end up coloring my hole hair.

I just want to go 1 level Lighter with my hair to a median toned Brown
They give me "Blonde Brilliance The Professional Kit" will this work for the tone i want i already Bart the product

Once i got home my friend said do not use Blonde Brilliance it's bleach hight light streak or frost but it will damage my hair she said  make it look all drayed out she said i need to do is buy Blonde dye and a vol 30 developer in order to get to that brown i want and for my hair to sill look heathie is this true?
What do you all think?

Edited by chancebrown06 - December 22 2006 at 8:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2006 at 11:45am

im actually not real sure when it comes to color i dont believe in coloring hair causes to much damage, i only would heena at max. So you may want to ask on the color topic section of hairboutique.

Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 4:37pm
Blonde hair dye on dark brown hair would produce a light warm brown with red and gold tones. Very pretty, but deft. more than one tone up. Maybe 2 or 3. If you use 30 developer it will be too light and more damaging. Sick with the 20 developer.

If you just want to go up one tone, use a light golden brown, or a light brown. That should give you what you are looking for.

And yes, your friend is right. Stay away from that blonde brilliance junk. It will kill your hair.

Good luck and great hair
Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 11:08am
Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 11:10am
By the way you ever use " Kaleidocolors" it a lightin i here its good
also i will try the blonde thing now can i chose any blonde dye or does it has to be a sorting type

Edited by chancebrown06 - January 20 2007 at 11:11am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 11:32am
No, I never tried the kaleidocolors, I don't know if they are any good. As far as what kind of blonde, it depends on the effect you want. If you want the warm tones stick with a light natural blonde. If you want cool tones, then go with a light ash blonde. It all depends on your skin tone and/or eye color. Dark eyes, med to tan skin with yellow undertones, will get better results with natural blonde. Ligth skin, light eyes, better with the cool tones.

When I did mine, I used Prefference Lightest Natural Blonde, and got beautiful results. But I'm sure the other brands have similar colors.

Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic