Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Hair Community down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair Community down
    Posted: January 07 2007 at 1:29pm
hi there,

I saw somewhere here that the LHC forums are indeed down, along with very complicated instructions as to how to "enter through the back door." Well, I'm on a mac and very computer challenged, so it isn't going to happen. :(

If anyone has instructions for *dummies* - and I mean DUMMIES - no "root folder" or whatever! that would be great.

Otherwise I will find my new home here and elsewhere...sigh...

Why on earth anyone would hack a *hair* forum is beyond me...folks need to go out and buy a life!

Katze (2a, fine, 23 inch long dark blonde/light ash brown hair). Goal is waist by the time it goes grey!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 1:59pm
The people at LHC are currently using the backup boards at this link
http://www.network54.com/Forum/227393/

That is the link to the Old LHC that was used before it was moved to a .com
It is now left as a backup board for situations like this.

Edited to add: I know that wasn't what you were asking for but I'm posting that just in case someone else needs to find them.

I don't know how to get in to the site other ways and I haven't tried their back door way.

Edited by PurpleBubba - January 07 2007 at 2:01pm
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 3:11am
...thanks for that, but it doesn't recognize my name or email address from LHC. Darn.

I am on a Mac so I can't do all the programming stuff they suggest even if it were for a mac. It is just above my head.

I'm sure there are others who can't get onto the backup forum either, so sending good wishes to whoever is trying to fix this.

just read something on "hacking" which said that "Hackers build, Crackers destroy" and characterized these teenie vandals as immature showoffs who don't belong to the creative community of hacker-programmers. Kind of reassuring.

LHC, I miss you!
reever2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reever2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 11:55am
Hi,

That's all pretty interesting- it's ridiculous what hackers will get their hands on these days. Hope that this forum is in safe hands. Otherwise i'll not know how to straighten my hair, use heated rollers, or hair styling.

Well- hope you get it sorted
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-use-hair-straighteners
xBritxBratx93x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 6:56pm
man, that sucks!

I had an LHC account but now when I type it in it, it wont let me hmm....I HATE HACKERS!!!!

I agree with reever2,

hopefully these forums stay safe, I dont know what I would do without my hair journal!!!!!
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 1:26pm
just gawking
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by xBritxBratx93x xBritxBratx93x wrote:

man, that sucks!

I had an LHC account but now when I type it in it, it wont let me hmm....I HATE HACKERS!!!!

I agree with reever2,

hopefully these forums stay safe, I dont know what I would do without my hair journal!!!!!

Not to worry,  the HB folks work hard to keep these boards running and have several back up servers in place in case of any common problems.  Of course on the Web anything can happen but HB folks seem to avoid most of them and try hard to always be available.
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Katze Katze wrote:

hi there,

I saw somewhere here that the LHC forums are indeed down, along with very complicated instructions as to how to "enter through the back door." Well, I'm on a mac and very computer challenged, so it isn't going to happen. :(

If anyone has instructions for *dummies* - and I mean DUMMIES - no "root folder" or whatever! that would be great.

Otherwise I will find my new home here and elsewhere...sigh...

Why on earth anyone would hack a *hair* forum is beyond me...folks need to go out and buy a life!

Katze (2a, fine, 23 inch long dark blonde/light ash brown hair). Goal is waist by the time it goes grey!

It just confirms. That site has a lot of good information, but it has always been unorganized and BOOTLEG!
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic