Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conditioner or treatment to beat dry hair (UK)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditioner or treatment to beat dry hair (UK)
    Posted: February 11 2007 at 9:37pm
Thanks for all the advice here; either the Aussie stuff requires half an hour's rinsing out, or the silicones aren't for me. Leaves my hair plasticky feeling.

Pantene, the masking stuff and spray-in, I will try them out very soon. Sounds a better bet IF there's no silicones in them.

Last time I went to a fancy salon, rather than a normal one, back in August, I did get pressurised into buying their special shampoo and condition, 40 and 50 pounds each, might be really good but the expense, unjustifiable for the time being.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 4:58am
I'm actually surprized I'm saying this,but Pantene does have a good light weight leave in conditioner spray.
I also use a product called tigi bedhead which helps smooths down frizzes.
Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 3:22pm
I don't know these salon items very well. I would be too afraid to lay down that kind of money not knowing the product. Are salon products that better or just priced and limited to make us think they are? There are only so many ingredients you can add to hair products. Are their ingredients that different?
2bMiii
DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 2:43pm
I think the best thing that I have tried is the Kerastase range. Shampoo, conditioners and intensive conditioners are just great but very pricey. Worth every penny tho in my opinion. 
Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 12:30pm
I've never heard of Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure. When I did a search, I could not see it available in the USA so that may explain why. Where do you buy it?

You may not like the Aussie brand because it has silicones. Some people can't handle the silicone, but my hair type loves it. Couldn't live without it!!
2bMiii
charl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 10:26am

I used to be a fan of Aussie, but either it stopped working, or I just realised it wasn't that great.

I loveee the Patentene Anti-Breakage mask (it comes in a pot, not the crazy amino one). 3 pounds and soft lovely hair.

How'd you style your hair? I'm a big fan of the Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure range, I use alot of heat on my curly frizzy mess and the repair range is gorgeous. They do decent smoothing & mositurizing ones too, but it's a salon brand, so it's not cheap. But at 7.50 for a bottle of conditioner it's not that bad as salon stuff goes. The intensives, serums and various oils are amazing too.

Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 1:57pm
VeryBored,
Have you ever tried oiling your hair? Depending on your hair type, you can use such oils as jojoba, sweet almond, coconut, or even olive oil (if your hair is really heavy). If you wash it every night, you could oil it at bedtime, and it would condition over night to be ready for the wash the next day.

On the other suggestion, I love the Aussie products myself especially the leave-in conditioner, but I have thick hair myself.

Good Luck!!!
2bMiii
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 10:05am
Hi, It simply may be that you are not rinsing properly, as it should leave your hair feeling softer. If its the leave in conditioner spray, this can make your hair feel as if it is coating the hair, but when you dry your hair its should be ok.

KarenSmile
karen sanderson
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 10:14pm
I have tried this, and unlike a 'normal' conditioner it makes my hair feel heavier, almost plasticky. Could I be doing something wrong?
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 8:37pm
Hi Verybored,

I would have to agree with Karen s on that one, only i use the leave in spray micracle hair insurance, also doubles up as a heat protector too :)
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 7:36pm
Oh, I think my current budget can stretch to 4 Pounds. ;) It'll be well worth the small expense just to try it, even if the results aren't brilliant.
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2007 at 3:59pm
Hi , I have just seen your post. I use aussie 3 min miracle conditioner for my coloured hair, and it is honestly fantastic. They have variouse types for diffrent types of problem hair. It is available in the UK. It is a bit on the expensive side about £4.00, but it is defo worth it.

KarenSmile
karen sanderson
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 8:34pm
Oh and breakage, too much of that. That's the word I was looking for!

verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 8:29pm
I have shoulder-length, curly hair.

I want to wash it every day to keep myself presentable, but I'm having a problem with my hair getting incredibly dry recently. Not frizzy, just too many rough strands...

I use the Fructis 'sleek and shine' conditioner with my shampoo but it's not that helpful. Gives glossiness to my hair but does nothing for the dryness.

I don't straighten my hair, or blowdry it as such.

Any products you suggest, well remember I'm in the UK. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic