Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair loss by color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
colorlover14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair loss by color
    Posted: January 12 2007 at 9:30pm
hi i use to color mine hair alot (dyr,bleach,highlight,hair color remover) and color by color. Is bean like a year know and i feel like mine hair feel les and leas but it grow and i dont see bald spots but less hair is it normal or is something wrong i cut mine hair is growing but  loseing more if i shanpoo ,bruhing touching it and by it self it falls why? is it wrong plz plz plz somebody help me i bean to doctor they say is ok but i dont know i dont feel it some help i cry bec am scare to lose it am only 18 plz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 11:28pm

can somebody help

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 6:44pm
plz help am goin crazy
Vampyfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vampyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 7:53pm
Disapprove I feel so sorry for your condition and at such a young age. This is NOT normal, and don't let the doctors tell you so. You DO have a problem, and you don't want to lose hair enough for you to feel as if you're balding. Also, it will take a lot longer to get it all back.

It may cost a little bit, but it's worth it for you to go to a hair clinic. They can do a microscopic examination of your scalp. Usually, they can tell you WHY this is happening to you. If it's not hormones or lack of thyroid (have you had yours checked? You should do this anyway!) the hair clinic will find out the reason for you. They can also suggest the appropriate treatments to get it back, nice and healthy.

It could be that your hair is stuck in the 'resting phase.' One treatment I know for this is; rosemary oil, and lavender bonded with almond oil. Just some on the end of your fingers dabbed onto the scalp ALL over. This has been proved to be beneficial to stopping any more hair falling out, and re-growing the hairs in the resting phase.

If you have a different problem you really MUST go to the hair clinic, and then maintain your newly grown healthy hair. I was trained as a nurse and know that most doctors don't understand hair loss. Nor will they want to get involved with possible reasons for it. You can learn so much more on the internet, and from the hair clinic. If you have the money, that should be your first stop, after having the thyroid test.

I would love to know of any good results you get.
Vampyfox
Author/Performer
(Pic taken a few months ago)
www.donni-jay.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 8:39pm
thanx do u know any hair clinic in new yourk?
Vampyfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vampyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 8:45pm
ConfusedNo I don't know any hair clinics, except for the ones who advertise. If you go on the internet you can find some locally I'm sure. Good luck!
Vampyfox
Author/Performer
(Pic taken a few months ago)
www.donni-jay.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2007 at 12:36am
thanx many people say is ok to lose hair but i really dont see it that way
cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 6:56pm
They say its normal to lose up to 100 a day, well my hair started falling out and I could see my scalp, I was losing around 50-80 hairs in my brush. My loss was due to iron deficiency, have you had blood tests to check for any problems? My hair stopped falling after 2 months on iron pills. You need to try another doctor, lots of doctors dont consider low iron a reason for hair falling out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 10:27pm
omg yeah me too i dont know why i think is that too bec i dont see my scalp too am scare

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 8:22pm
can somebody know more plz
CatFanatik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatFanatik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2007 at 10:43pm
Well I'd say that the hair loss could be caused by all the processing you've done to your hair ..........  is it breakage or is it falling out from the root? 

If you think it might be due to all the processing (coloring, etc) try a hair product with protein.  Search around the hair product and color forums, there are lots of ideas.
I just used Nexxus Emergencee for the first time the other day (see people's posts for instructions, you MUST deep condition after using this!!) and even after one use, I've only had a few hairs fall out after showering, instead of a handful of hair (or even clumps!).  It's wonderful.
I hope that helps.
sashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 9:47am
Hi colorlover14

I think the cause of your hair loss is more of the chemicals which your hair has got subject to due to coloring, bleaching, highlighting. One important reason could also be use of strong shampoos. When we color our hair, the salons recommend strong shampoos to maintain the color or the highlight. We tend to use them and then in turn suffer their side effect by tremendous hair loss and hair thinning. A good shampoo which is mild should solve your problem of hair loss.
babyxxjaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyxxjaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 4:37am
heya im having the same problem too! my hair is falling out if you go to a hairdressers they might be able to put a RECONSTRUCTURE on it which helps put back the minerals your hair is lacking and prevents breakage and hair falling out!
xx jaz xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic