Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UGH, I cut my hair, but HF37 helping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 3:58pm
Karen,
I have had gastric bypass surgery and can take capsules a lot easier than tablets.  I've signed up for the six month subscription program with HairTopia and so far have not found it onerous.  Sure, there are a lot of capsules to take (I have the total program) but it is doable.  So far, so good,  I am growing my hair out from a short masculine cut, clipper buzzed at the nape and around the ears and about 1 1/2 to 2 inches elsewhere.  I am at about three inches now at the longest place.  I do experience a tad of flush with a prickley feeling on my scalp but that is not bothersome and I sort of enjoy it as it reminds me of my goal.  Embarrassed  I will keep everyone posted as I have only been taking it one week as of today.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 12:33am
Hi Paws,

Thanks for sharing about your gastric bypass and your journey with your hair. 

A few thoughts that might help.....the prickly feeling is what is most likely a niacin flush. You can back down the number of capsules a bit until you don't have the prickly feeling and then slowly move it back up until you do.  That allows you to figure out what your body has going on with response to the niacinimide which is definitely less likely to cause a flush.

You can actually open the capsules and pour into a protein drink.  I actually had to drink some vile Chinese herbs recently and it was drinking old tree bark.  HairTopia is much easier to handle than old tree bark.  :-)

I will be interested in hearing your thoughts and reactions.

Thanks again for taking the time to share and good luck with your new journey.  It takes a lot of courage and I applaud you.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
16Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

A few thoughts that might help.....the prickly feeling is what is most likely a niacin flush. You can back down the number of capsules a bit until you don't have the prickly feeling and then slowly move it back up until you do.  That allows you to figure out what your body has going on with response to the niacinimide which is definitely less likely to cause a flush.

Karen,
Actually the prickly feeling has stopped.  Perhaps my body has adjusted to the niacin.  Wink  At any rate, my hair is growing quite fast, don't know yet if it faster than normal as short short hair looks as though it is growing fast anyway.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by 16Paws 16Paws wrote:

Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Karen,
Actually the prickly feeling has stopped.  Perhaps my body has adjusted to the niacin.  Wink  At any rate, my hair is growing quite fast, don't know yet if it faster than normal as short short hair looks as though it is growing fast anyway.

Good to know that the prickly feeling is gone.  It does take the body time to get adjusted in some small cases.  Which is why I always suggest simply backing off a bit.

Thanks so much for sharing.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic