Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coloring Extensions??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yorkieluvr06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring Extensions??
    Posted: January 19 2007 at 5:20am
Hello ladies!
I posted this topic under the 'hair color' section and didn't get any replies,so now I'm trying here..

I recently purchased some color #18/22 D-lux hair extensions from yourhairshop.com, and while they are a gorgeous color,they are a bit too yellow for me. I want to permanantly tone them to more of an ash color, and since I will be wearing these for a few months I don't want the ash tone to fade. But, I also don't want to change the actually color, just tone it down.What products should I use and how should I go about doing this without ruining the hair??
Thank you!!!
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 5:22pm
with extensions, my results have been unpredictable....i did tone some 22 DLUX hair, but i made it darker using L'oreal color gems...the hair did become tangly much sooner than it should have
hmmm, at sally's there are a lot of the 'born blonde' toners that may work, but im just not sure about the 18 being in there too...sorry i didnt help at all !
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 3:43pm
what ever u do, i would suggust a test strand to make sure it works.
color must be applied evenly.
i would say to use a purple color with no ash. but remember, if left on too long, it could turn grey! they u will have a mess to deal with. been there done that!
they make purple shampoos that work good and u just shampoo with it like every few days to keep it like that. i really like schwarkoftp purple shampoo. you could prob find it at beauty supply.
s
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Yorkieluvr06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 11:45am
Thanks for all the advice!! Its been really hard trying to get the right color dye because of the 2 colors in this hair!!  I just bought some 'miss clairol' dye in #34d Hazy mist,which is a medium blonde with a blue/violet base,I'm gonna use it with only 10% volume clairoxide ,so hopefully this will work.I will definately strand test first tho!!
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 9:12pm
The purple shampoo is the best choice. Good thinking Tangles.
Clairol makes one called shimmering lights. Any beauty supply will carry an equivalent. If possible stay away from peroxide, you'll lengthen the life of your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic