Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick touch-up Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick touch-up Question
    Posted: January 29 2007 at 5:40pm
Hi again, Everybody!

I've got a real quick question, here.

I've been dying my hair with Ion products from Sally's.
I've been between the light ash brown and moved up to
medium ash brown, just recently.
I've been very good about only touching up my roots
(as opposed to dying the whole hair all over, like I used
to do). But now, I'm due for another touch-up and it's gonna
be a while before I can get near a Sally's again.

So, since I'm right near a Wal-Mart, I was wondering if it
would be alright for me to just go buy some hair color
from there to touch up my roots. Would that be a good idea
or no?

Thanks
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 5:50pm
I wouldn't suggest that unless you don't mind a varied look.  Sometimes those boxed colors can be different than Sally.  I'm pretty sure the L'Oreal is the same as what you get at Sally, but not sure what the Ion is comparable to.  Stick to Clairol if you decide to buy OTC though and I think you might be okay.  Strand testing is always one way to know for sure how a color will turn out though.  Good luck!

Rebekah
cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 9:48pm
So do you only do the roots? dont you get any fading through the rest of the hair or do you mean you give it a quick 10 minute refresh? Im trying to learn what to do as I did the whole head for the full time a few times in one year and wrecked my hair.
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 10:54pm
YEah you're not supposed to dye your whole head again that is very damaging, only the roots.  The rest you can make a cheap color depositing shampoo.  ( I replied to your other head)
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 1:14am
I think if you can find a color that is a good match then go for it. But I agree finding one that is exact may be a problem. Otherwise,I dont see why not. I have had expensive brands and walmart brands and they all seem the same to me.
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 1:52pm
Ok, so I should be ok with over-the-counter,
so long as it's Clairol, yeah?

Thanks to all of you for your help and input!
As always it's greatly appreciated!! Wink
cinderella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinderella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 2:20pm
Yoda, what do you mean you only do the roots, what do you do about the rest of your hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic