Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLZ HELP..LACE FRONT WIGS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondewannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondewannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLZ HELP..LACE FRONT WIGS
    Posted: January 31 2007 at 4:48pm
Hi everyone, I totally need some help regarding these remi wigs. R these the wigs that alot of celebrities wear and they look so good and natural, you can't tell unless you know, i.e Beyonce, Rihanna, maybe even jessica simpson, etc. I totally want to get one, does anybody know how you put them in, do you stich them in yourself, well so i hear. And can you get any colour, i.e if your dark haired, can you get black. I have tried everything 4 my hair, micro bond extensions, they are jus uncomfortable as you have so many in your hair and u have to have same colour. Normal extensions, where you glue in a few tracks to give ur own hair length and body, these itch your hair and also they drop out after two weeks and its a horrible feeling, feeling tracks on ur head. Weaves, this has to be the worst for me, got it last mth for the first time, culdnt wait to get it off my head, i felt so fake, as all my hair was tucked away except parting sides, and i hated the plaits that i could feel underneath. I have european hair, problem is its fine, after much dying. And also its medium lenghth. Id have to wait for a while for it to grow. So any adivce would be much appreciated Big%20smile thanx  xxx
sydnei10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydnei10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 10:37pm
Hello Blondwannabe...

The wigs are applied with adhesives, tape or glue.  Some people also apply them with bobby pins.  You can get them in any color but the best thing to do is to take it to a salon and have it colored.  They look perfectly natural and I wear one so I know.  Once you learn how to apply them you will never go back...  A friend of mine sells them.
raceylacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raceylacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 5:40pm
Here is a great youtube channel that has four great videos that will help you with your questions.http://www.youtube.com/elitelace
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 6:32pm
i can help you if you need any help i'm wearing one in my avatar.. the key is to do your measurements properly so that you can apply the unit in front of your naturl hairline so i doesn't affect your hair.. its really the best protective style to get maximum growth of your own natural hair, if you treat it properly while wearing them..
blondewannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondewannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 5:04am
Thanks hun. Do I need to be blonde to have a blonde wig done though. I am going on a holiday to the United states In March I am thinking to have it done there. Not sure of the cost. But I have to research Miami or La where I could be going. Your hair looks very nice by the way sexibeach
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 9:35am
thank you but if you need help i can surely do that, i'm a moderator on another forum and specialize in lf's.. so let me know..Wink  the thing about blonde is alot of vendor's don't necessarily like to go too blonde b/c it damages the hair shaft and they don't want the angry feedback if it gets so damaged that it matts up on you, which can happen.. usually i order virgin hair and color it myself.. the unit i'm wearing in my avatar is a chinese remy virgin and i've colored them myself.. its a lot to know about lf's like bleached knots, sealing the knots, and overall care of hair that is no longer attached to a human follicle its quite different care needed.. not to mention getting your applications down to perfection takes time to learn..

Edited by sexibeach - February 16 2008 at 9:37am
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 11:28pm
I would suggest checking out as many YouTube lace wig videos as possible and asking a lot of questions (Sexi is a great one to ask; she's got a wealth of info posted on the other forum as well).  I am thinking about getting a lf in March and have been learning as much as I can over the past three weeks.
butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 10:00am
I can vouch for sexibeach.  She helped me alot when I first starting wearing LF.

I have been wearing them for about a year and it is a lot of information you need to know to get that flawless look.

As sexi pointed out the correct measurements are key.  I think the correct vendor is also key.  Remember all lace fronts are not created equal.  Getting the right adhesive is also important (this is a more trail and error process to find what works best for you)
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 10:08am
As usual, Sexibeach came through.  Sexi have created a sticky that can help any and everyone with their LF questions.

There are now a few LF vets on this board, so ask away!!!

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 9:09pm
Yes Sexi  can help she save a very of my babies from me  messing them up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic