Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bridal style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bridal style
    Posted: February 04 2007 at 5:23pm
I have to do a hairstyle on my friend for a wedding but i have no clue what to do because she has long thick hair
any ideas?
help Confused
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 8:26pm
check out Hairbraider's website.  She does some phenominal braids that would be apropriate for a wedding.

I also did a half french drape when I was in my sister's wedding that looked nice and I recieved many compliments.  If I can find a pic I will post it.

(Hairbraider- I hope you don't mind me sharing your site.  I was completely impressed with your talent!)

Edited by gypsydoll - February 04 2007 at 8:26pm
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 10:57pm
No problem Gypsydoll.  I'm very flattered! Embarrassed

Pink, is she the bride?  How long is her hair, and what is the texture like?  Does she want it up or down?  I may be able to give you some suggestions/instructions.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 9:04am

Hi

No she isnt the bride..her hair is straight and it comes  a lil above her lower back..she wants it up,,do u know anything simple because im not an expert..:(

many Thanks :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 3:34pm
If you know how to french braid, you could try this:

If you want something a little more formal-looking:

These are both pretty easy. 

You could also put her hair in sponge rollers (if you feel comfortable doing that) and then just pin up the curls some how.  For example, like this:

If you need any help on how to do them, I'll be glad to provide instructions.  If you have any questions, please let me know!

Edited by hairbraider - February 05 2007 at 3:37pm
sarah
40 inches
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 5:18pm

Thanks a lot for those..I like the 2nd one..could you please tell me how to do that one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 7:52pm
I intend to someday post photo instructions on my site for that one.  I've had alot of requests for it. 

1. pull all hair back into a ponytail wherever you wish the center of the style to be

2. starting at the top, take a small section of hair and smooth it with gel (I use aloe vera), you may want to dampen it with a spray bottle also

3. with one hand, wrap the section once around 2 fingers of your other hand

4. carefully slide your fingers out while holding the hair in place, pin it against the head with a bobby pin

5. wrap the remaining hair of the same section once around 2 fingers again and pin it in place, continue until the whole length of hair is wrapped and pinned (you may need to wrap the tips around more than once)

6. repeat steps 2-5 until all the hair is used, pin the curls at various angles so they don't look like one continuous roll

Is that clear enough?  If you have more questions, let me know.  (it's always a good idea to do a trial session before the wedding day)
sarah
40 inches
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 9:14am
Yes thats clear enough...thank u sooooo much..you have been a great help!! Big%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 10:51am
Big%20smile Very happy to help!  Let us know how it turns out.....
sarah
40 inches
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic