Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skinny jeans look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skinny jeans look
    Posted: February 06 2007 at 1:54am
I hope I dont offend anyone,but I hate this look~it is just so 80's. Like you should be wearing a big pair of sneakers with them and teasing your hair out.
Why would they bring this look back? I dont really even think it's flattering to skinny people.
Julie30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 5:58pm
I like the look, but I rarely wear jeans or slacks. I'm more of a dress or skirt lady.
Julie
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 11:36pm
I think the look has died down,cuz I havent seen anyone wearing them. My thing is,they call them "skinny" jeans,but unless you are Nicole Ritchie,they make thighs and hips stand out way too much for my taste. To eaches own,but I prefer jeans that dont look like spandex.
fashionista_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashionista_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 4:54pm
I don't like the look either - way to 80's - but most people wearing them never saw this fashion so it's new for them.  First time round for them  - second time round (and an ugly reminder) for others. lol
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:18am
Originally posted by fashionista_15 fashionista_15 wrote:

I don't like the look either - way to 80's - but most people wearing them never saw this fashion so it's new for them.  First time round for them  - second time round (and an ugly reminder) for others. lol

I agree!

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 5:53pm
I love them!
colorful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 12:26am
I like the look but , they seem to only come in small sizes. I wear a size 10 and i tried on a pair and they were to snug, so i tried on a pair size 12 and they were still to tight to pull up. I can't seem to find any bigger than a size 12. whats up with that?Unhappy
God is the strenth of my life!
justfortoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justfortoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2008 at 11:33am
it's this trends first time round for me, but i don't really like it anyways. its pretty unflattering in the way it makes people's butts and thighs look bigger. so yeah, unless you're reallyreally skinny, it's def a trend to avoid.
leighann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2008 at 12:23am
 In my opinion this trend can look really ugly and really great it just depends on what you wear them with, Pairing the skinny jeans with a bright peek a boo toe high heel and a longer button down shirt looks sexy and can give the appearance of having a skinnier leg like Nicole Richie.  but if you wear them with flat shoes and a shorter top ,which is how most people wear them it makes you look bigger and unattractive.
SCGurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 4:34am
Torrid sells skinny jeans for plus size women that are flattering on the body.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:41am
Its a hit or miss, I've seen some that looked good and others that went terribly wrong.

Like why do guys wearing skinny jeans have the nerve to SAG them?!?! lost
pennysalon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennysalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 6:24am
pmsl..  did the tight jeans look ever go out of fashion... I always wear tight jeans :)

if you got it! flaunt it in my honest opinion
jibingchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jibingchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 1:41am
i just can not say no.LOL
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2010 at 12:12pm
I love skinny jeans but I also think that it is really important that you wear a looser fitting top in order to balance out the look.
gussie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gussie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 1:08am
Skinny jeans are common choice among those who love to show case their body. This trend is put forward by many celebrities and now it is considered an essential part of fashion.Pair skinny jeans with a high-heeled slouchy boot. The chunkiness of the boot makes the leg look slimmer. For the same effect, try wearing one of the new skinny stacked-style jeans.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic