Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aloe Vera Gel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aloe Vera Gel
    Posted: February 10 2007 at 7:50am
Where can I get a tube of this?  I tried searching
target but didn't see anything.  Also, any recommendations on defining curl products, LET ME KNOW!
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 2:20pm
I used when airdrying and I think it curled the hair but it caused alot of shrinkage for me....have you tried curls or blended beauty products? I haven't tried it but I read a good rave about Garner Fruitis soft curl creme (on naturallycurly.com)HTH
Hair album
pw:Romeo
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 10:47pm
I get mine in the lotion/cosmetic section at Wal-Mart.  I don't use one especially for hair.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 12:17pm
well if you mean the gel that is multi-purpose then you can go to the Suntan lotion isle and it should be there. Its usually used to heal burns and scars and other things.

If you mean the drinkable/edible kind then you need to go to the vitamin section or the health food store.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 7:11pm
I haven't tried any of the products you mentioned BlackHoney, since I'm broke! I'd love to try Blended Beauty though. Also, about Garnier, I'm not TOO in love with their products. Back in the day when I was relaxed, I used their products and my scalp was oh so dried OUT. Nasty. I have old bottles of volumizer (Since I'm a good bit of natural now, I don't need no VOLUMIZING), and a tube of Extra Hold Syling Gel, which I use for the edges, it's alright.. it doesn't define anything. By the way, I did have a jar of Gariner Deep Conditioner, but that stuff really doesn't do too much of anything. At least nothing significant. Anyhow, I'm sleeping on the soft curl cream --! Basically I just want something cheap to define more of my curls, while giving me a nice glossy style. I'm tired of busted hair yall!
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 11:54pm

Real%20Aloe%20Co.,%20Vera%20Gel%2016%20ozs.  
PickledGeuse here is the aloe that i use. This is the closest thing i have to come that is just like if you used the leaf yourself. i have also included the link to where you can get it.. this is gel. i also use it to make my face moisturizer.
But i also use it on my hair. i hope this helps.

I you  have a health food store nearby they should have something there, just ask for aloe vera gel.

Edited by kellie7777 - February 13 2007 at 11:55pm
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 8:49am
Hey pickledgeuse, sorry you didn't have any luck with Garnier. Have you tried coconut milk or Fantasia sparklites gel? I would suggest adding coconut milk (grocery store or indian store)to your deep conditioner (it makes curls pop) and then smooth on your reg.leave in then some Beyond the Zone Noodle head (Sally's) (helps define curls and keeps hair frizz free)and Fantasia sparklites gel (Walgreens, Sally's?). These products are inexpensive but wonderful. HTH
Hair album
pw:Romeo
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 2:48pm
the fantasia gel in the blue jar is more moisturising than the pink and clear one. its pretty cheap like blackhoney said. give it a try

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 3:11pm
I saw that in CVS Fantasia Haircare is EXPENSIVE! I thought about buying it, but I think I'm going to try the milk first. For some reason, gel SCARES ME! Thanks Girls. I'll post updates of coconut milk results!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic