Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
R&Rsmommie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&Rsmommie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!!!!!
    Posted: February 10 2007 at 3:06pm
I have light blond (dyed) hair and I wanna change it to a chestnut brown but I am scared...Do I need to strip the color I have in now????? What product/color should I use????? If anyone has ANY advice please let me know....Thank you
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 3:10pm
you have to use a red or gold filler before going brown.  Sally beauty sells them but if you don't have access to them...

Try this, buy a semi-permanent red or strawberry blonde color, don't use the developer, leave it in your hair for ten minutes, then pat it till almost dry.  Then apply your brown hair color normally.

Edited by chinastop - February 10 2007 at 3:10pm
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 8:44pm
I would read Claude's post "Introduction to Haircoloring" at the top of this forum.
R&Rsmommie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&Rsmommie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 9:01pm
I went up to Sallys to pick out my hair color and I noticed on the bottle it said "Base Double Gold" "Base Blue and Yellow"....I asked the ladie workin there and she told me she did not much about the bases so I'm goin from blonde to a chestnut brown and I need some suggetions on products and colors...Once I tried to go light brown and it turned out with a red tone and I do not want red in it....

chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2007 at 9:16pm
I'm assuming you've been bleached, if so then color has been taken out of your hair and you need to put it back for the brown to look right.  OTherwise it has the risk of looking a little odd or  even greenish

If it turned red before, it depends on what your hair color was at that time.  It might not have lifted enough therefore causing red to show (Claude's sticky has some info on this, "undertones")

Since your color has gold in it you may be able to just go to brown though :)

Edited by chinastop - February 10 2007 at 9:39pm
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 5:03am
Chinastop is right. There is no need to strip your hair since blonde is basicly stripped hair to begin with. You'd only strip it if you were going lighter.
I agree since your hair has gold in it already it shouldnt be too hard to go brown.
Also,please dont pick a brown that is too dark. The color will "grab" and you will be unhappy as it will look almost black.
Choose a light brown. possibly a light golden brown.
You can always go daker later if it is not dark enough.

Edited by julesyjul88 - February 11 2007 at 5:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic