Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wtf???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wtf???
    Posted: February 10 2007 at 5:41pm
i was walking on the college campus with a white colleague of mine. a mixed crowd of young college girls passed, and i got the usual, mouth hanging open, stop in their tracks and staring..

they quickly collected themselves, and started walking by..as they passed one white girl said, "that can't be her hair", and of course, the AA girls happily chimed in "Yeah, honey, i just know that's got to be a weave!!" then they started telling their white colleagues the reason why "those types" wear weaves is because they have issues with their own race..

i  was shocked, and upset..my colleague to could see i was very uncomfortable, not knowing whether to set them straight, or walk on, which i did...

this was the first time, after two years of wearing a weave, that i decided to let my shoulderblade length hair out..i did a flat iron style on it that morning..proud, that finally, i could show off my natural hair -  and what did i get??? IT'S A WEAVE!!Ouch

where do they get this ignorance, and why do they eagerly pass it on?
some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 12:22pm

Girl, I must say you always have interesting experiences.

Your hair must have looked very good, for people to think it is a weave. I mean, millions of people buy weave  so that just shows that you have what they have.   I'm not really sure why people feel that they need to "out" a person when they don't even know the truth. I wouldn't mind them and let them spill their ignorance becaue you know the truth and some people just like to listen to and pass on lies.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

FallenDark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallenDark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 8:48pm
Whats the name for people like that oh yeah"haters".never occured to me to use that word but for ur experience its approriate. u should pat yourself on the back  and kiss ur hair for being so pretty. HAHAHAHA
myronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 8:46pm
i know girl
when i straighten my hair all my friends think it's a weave! it's so annoying and ignorant!
My Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/myronnie/
Tennsley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 1:05pm
They were just jealous girl!  Flaunt your hair and be proud of it!!!
Current Hair Length: Ear
Hair Goal Length: Chin/Neck (Mar. 2007)
Ultimate Desired Length: APL, BSL (May 2008)

My Fotki
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 3:35am
Jealousy can be a upsetting feeling, but you have to keep on doing you. It's just pure ignorance and the black girl that made that statement to the white girl should be ashamed of herself. Anyone, no matter what color or race, can have long flowing beautiful hair. And that's what you have. Don't let that mess get to you!!!
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

VeronicaOko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeronicaOko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 3:59pm
Well can you curse on this forum?LOL! Forget them haters girl!!!! Like someone said "kiss your self for being so beautiful." The hell with them!

Opps! I was suppose to be "nice, and patient" in 2007. hehehe
VeronicaOko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeronicaOko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 4:01pm
LOL I'm new on here, but I see I've made a new friend. I like your style for real....if I ever need good sound advice, I'll be calling you. Ha! ha! ha!

Have a nice day! and again forget the "Haters" they aint that important. Really!

Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 7:54pm
Whoo! your hair must be georgeous, ignorant people are hard to ignore,  that poor girl really believes the lie that black hair can't grow and look healthy! I almost feel sorry for her especially since I use to think the same thing, this is all a part of the hair journey its annoying but hey if they thought it was a weave you know your hair looks amazing!Smile Brush it off and keep growing that hair.
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
CrazyChica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyChica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:33pm
wow..ignorance, pure ignorance, smh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic