Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Honey, Pumpkin, Epsom Salt...Acne solutions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
my3dogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my3dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey, Pumpkin, Epsom Salt...Acne solutions?
    Posted: February 16 2007 at 1:46am
Hi! I've been struggling with moderate to severe acne for ten years and haven't had much luck with over-the-counter products or Proactiv. I tried using the Acne Free kit for severe acne these past three months and saw the most improvement (cleared up about 90% of acne), but I'm still looking for something that will work better. I'm also tired of spending money on products that don't seem to do the trick, which is why I've been looking into natural skin care.

For a week now I've been applying a mask consisting of two to three tablespoons of pure honey combined with one teaspoon cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt on a daily basis for 30+ minutes. It seems to even out my skin tone and make my complexion brighter. Has anyone else tried this method and seen results? Good or bad?

For the past three days I have been washing my face with Epsom salt mixed with warm water twice daily. I noticed my pores had shrunk in size by the end of the first day, just as the websites had said they would. Has anyone tried this method with good results? Any bad results? I haven't noticed any difference in my acne yet, but that could be due to stress and bad timing.

Also, I have been debating whether or not to try a pumpkin mask. Has anyone had good results using a pumpkin mask? What were the ingredients? The recipe I found was to mix two teaspoons canned pumpkin, one-half teaspoon honey, one-quarter teaspoon milk and one-quarter teaspoon cranberry juice (added for oily skin). Good idea or bad idea?

I am also going to be using some diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner once I am able to get to the store to get the pure kind.

Now I am in need of some suggestions for a moisturizer. Does anyone have any tips? Right now I am using a chamomile moisturizer that seems to have been discontinued. Any help or input would be much appreciated! Thanks! Smile

Leslie
400,000 dead | 2.5 million displaced | 10,000 dying every month | savedarfur.org
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 11:31am
HI,
I have been suffering from mild to moderate acne for the past oh , about 4 years. The acne medicine would dry out my skin, or make it worse. In answer to your question, I used to use straight honey to wash my face until about 6 weeks ago until I learned ( on the board) about a skin care line called mychelle. The website is www.mychelleusa.com  They are are natural ( which is right up my ally) and very concentrated. They have a product called pumpkin peel that I absolutly adore! I guess there is something about pumpkin oil that is awesome for skin. The website explains it. They also have a pumkin cream that is great for acne/oily  skin, and a serum for clear skin that is amazing!  
  I have been  using nothing but this line and I am really starting to enjoy my skin I love all of the products. Every one I have tried I flip over. The website has pretty pricy shipping, except if you order over $50 then it is free. I found another website that carries it with cheaper shipping. That one does not have the free shipping but is nice if you only want to get a couple things that don't total to $50. WWW.transformyourhealth.com Iwas told that yo can also get it at whole foods. I don't have one nearby. My mom found it at super supplements in seattle.

Edited by Alisa06 - February 16 2007 at 11:32am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
kirknorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirknorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 1:21am
Acne Skin Guide is a website dedicated to providing unbiased reviews. We compare the top 30 best acne treatments and medications on the marketplace based on safety, effectiveness, price and value.
jamieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 2:22pm
I had severe acne before, about 2 years ago. I've done a lot of treatments but none worked! Luckily, I found the one that suits the type of acne I have. Now, it's almost gone.

I hope it will also work on you as it worked on me.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic