Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AH!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jotsko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jotsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AH!!
    Posted: February 23 2007 at 4:11pm

Okay, so I have been stressing out about my hair for almost a year now. I've practically become an expert at hair.

I'm a "Caucasian" male from the Mediterranean region. I have extremely curly/thick/frizzy/dry hair naturally. Most people don't believe me, but it's really comparable to that of African Americans rather than other Caucasians that have "afros".

I've had it relaxed for a good 9 months. It was "straight" for the first month and then the frizz factor and dryness started coming back in. Since then, I've had it relaxed 3 times. After a while, I attempted using different products, such as John Frieda's line. They didn't do anything for the dryness so I resorted to not showering my hair for a good 3-4 days so that it could get back some of its natural oils. However, the problem is not solved. Once I shower it again, it "poofs" up. Certain strands become frizzy and my hair, especially the thick back, becomes unecessarily dry. For the last 2 weeks, I've been using Kerastace - Hair Relaxer Mask Conditioner, occasionally without shampooing because it tends to make my hair dryer, as I've proven. This has been satisfactory. However, a problem arose again. I have to use a good 1/3-1/2 of it to actually see any "results" on my hair. Being an expensive line, I don't have enough money to contribute 40 bucks on it once or twice a month.

Would anyone know of any product or any technique that I would be able to use on my hair?

Thanks for the support. :]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic