Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blackheads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
toucan417 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toucan417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blackheads
    Posted: February 25 2007 at 7:10pm
i have had horrible blackheads for years. i've tried everything from prescribed things to everything at the store. i tried proactive and that didn't help at all. i tried clearasil blackhead clearing astringent with the pads and they didn't help. tried clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub and astringent, did nothing. i am recently just using some benzoyl peroxide cream for some pimples i have. what is better for blackheads salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide? does anyone know anything that DOES work? i've tried the strips and those don't work. i use st ives apricot scrub in the morning and loreal purezone sometimes at night. i use queen helenes mint julep masque once a week or once every other week. 
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 11:34pm
I used to have the same problem,exspecially on my nose cuz it was so oily. Have you ever tried differin gel? Normally you can only get it through a dermatologist....but some sites let you order it online. It is a bit expensive,but it works really great for blackheads and pimples.
nothing over the counter seemed to help mine.I used to pick at them all the time and that just made them worse.
toucan417 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toucan417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 5:51pm
yep tried it. didn't work. just made my face greasy when i put it on then dry in the morning and during the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:23am
How long did you try it for? You know it takes at least 12 weeks to see the full results.
have you tried another like tazorac or retna-a micro?

They sell this...instrument,in the beauty supply section~it looks like a metal tweezers or something it's called an extractor. You gently place it on the black head and it removes them pretty good.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 10:59am
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

They sell this...instrument,in the beauty supply section~it looks like a metal tweezers or something it's called an extractor. You gently place it on the black head and it removes them pretty good.

Your pores might be too clogged at this point. If your blackheads are resistant to every treatment, you might need to start with a good extraction first (see Julesy's post) then try using the topical treatments on the fresh skin.
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:06pm
Or a light chemical peel may help get to the root of the problem too.
toucan417 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toucan417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

How long did you try it for? You know it takes at least 12 weeks to see the full results.
have you tried another like tazorac or retna-a micro?

i tried all those creams for a few months and nothing worked at all. the only thing all of them did was just make me face soo dry and flakey.

yea i'm thinking about buying one of those extractor things but i dont want to waste the money if its not going to even work...how well DO they work? i read some reviews online saying they dont work all too well....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 1:52am
I think they work pretty good...you just need to be CAREFUL so you dont hurt your skin doing it too hard.
They have salicylic acid peels at the derm. that get underneath the skin,it may be worth trying too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic