Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive hair software - is it possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interactive hair software - is it possible?
    Posted: July 04 2001 at 5:42pm
I have a gripe about hair software - it`s so boring! All they seem to be is a picture of a head upon which one transplants different hairstyles, and that`s it - so limited. Why can`t an interactive version be developed?
Now I am clearly no computer expert but I do have a vivid imagination so my idea goes like this:
A 3D image of a head, rotatable thru 360 degrees, and upon which there are, say, 50,000 tiny dots, corresponding to the hairline. These hairs are then organised into different style configurations depending on which style you call up from the menu. Now the interactive bit! Each individual strand has the capacity to be "cut" so when you call up a different style a `virtual barber` comes on screen and with a few sweeps of the scissors transforms the subject from one style to another.
Then you could turn the cursor into different types of scissors; cutting, thinning, layering, whatever - and "customise" a cut yourself! The cursor could become a comb, or clippers, or a brush, the possibilites could be endless. There is a new animated movie out (whose title escapes me) where I gather they spent a whole year getting the "lead`s" hair right by computer technology, so it must be some way possible.
If it could work it would be a very popular concept. Is it possible, or am I dreaming? I would be interested to hear your views.
phil
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2001 at 6:09pm
Reply to message: 21.2240.1
Kind of sound like my step`s daughter barbie doll software that I had to play with. lol
dianefromcanada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic