Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jewazi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a
    Posted: March 08 2007 at 2:30am

Edited by jewazi - July 01 2008 at 4:06pm
remix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:36am

garnier fructis wax is too wet and definitely not suitable that that type of spikeyness

first of all, you can tell his hair is thinned at the ends so that its uneven and whispy

then all you need is some clay for that dry whispy look

asian hairdressers will give you this look
jewazi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 8:19pm
Thanks alot for the tip! Do you know or recommend any kind of wax I should use, I was thinking about using the Japanese kind of wax but those are very expensive for a little jar, and should I use hairspray after I wax it or no?
remix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 6:32pm
don't go to your normal supermarket, just go to any hair product store (there are plenty around), or u could go to an asian hairdresser since they normally sell it there too

just ask them if u could buy some clay, and ask what's popular these days

i personally use matrix clay, dunno if its avaiable where u r tho
jewazi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 1:56am
Whats the difference between Clay and Wax? or is it the same?
remix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 2:29am
wax gives a hint of a wet look while clay gives a complete matte (dry) look
bonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 5:00pm
Aveda Control Paste gives my bf that look fairly easily. It helps if he wets his hair first and blowdries it or lets it poof out a little. Wetting it gives it more of a poofy look that's easier to work with (contrary to my hair...if I wet mine it looks super flat). Anyway, the cut has to be good too to get that look so make sure your stylist can shape it where you don't have to do much work to achieve the look. :)
graffititagger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graffititagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 12:06am
So paste is better than wax?
[For the dry look]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic