Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dry skin!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry skin!
    Posted: March 11 2007 at 9:50pm
hi all,

i've been having dry and itching skin for the past few months... i've tried using many product but my skin was very sensitive and i used to get more allegies by using chemical product...i've tried a few ayurvedic product which means natural herbs contain in it still was a disaster until i finally found ayucare neem soap one of the most effective product for my skin if u ever come across a product like that dont hesitate to used it... its really good for dry and itchy skin...if u have any further query about this product please asked me....

thanks
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 12:44am
Try Cetaphil,it is very gentle with no perfumes and meant for people with sensitive skin.It is also recommended by most dermatologists.
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 12:21pm
Aubrey Organics is an amazing line of products.. all natural (hence the name)

aubreyorganics.com

they have tons of stuff for every skin type, dry and sensitive included. very gentle, my skin glows when i use this line.
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 5:15pm
shea butter is heaven! and my skin somehow manages to be both sry and greasy at the same time. just make sure you rub it all in so there's no residue left on your face.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 12:57am
Shea butter is great, I'm also hooked on Organic Jojoba oil. It is awese for the skin as well as the hair!!!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 12:34am
I began taking fish oil pills about two months ago. I've always suffered from really dry skin on my arms and legs. Even when I put lotion on everyday, my skin would still be dried. One time I did a colon cleanse and the dryness went away. However, 4 months later it was back. That is normal since you are supposed to do the cleanse every 4 months. The cleanse was great but it was expensive.  Well about 3 weeks after taking the fish oil pills, I noticed my skin had this beautiful glow and did not look dry at all. It has been two months and I do not need any lotion at all. I have the skin I've always wanted. And to think all I paid was $4.99 for a 2 bottle pack of the pills.  I could have saved myself so much money on those creams and lotions.

Oh well, you live and learn. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.

Edited by Sharyg11 - August 17 2007 at 3:24pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 10:30am

Sharyg11, what is the name of the colon cleanse you did, and where did you get it? Sorry for the questions, but I have been wanting to do one, but the ones I have found have been pretty pricy.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 3:20pm
Hi Alisa

I used Dr Natura. I got it at DrNatura.com. However it was pretty pricy just like you said. For one month treatment it was like $75. If you bought the 3 month treatment, then is was $150. It is recommeded that if you never cleansed before, that you do the 3 month treatment, and then every 4 months, one month treatments.
Out of all the ones I researched, this sounded like the best one. So I tried it, and I have to say I'm glad I went with it.

Hope that helps
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 6:27pm
Thank you. That was one that I have looked at.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Arthur10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 4:21am
Dry skin is caused by the loss of elasticity and moisture of the skin. However, it is not a serious ailment but it looks very ugly. If not treated in time it can lead to early aging and wrinkling of the skin.One is healthy treatment that is Milk and it is considered the best moisturizer in dry skin condition.

Edited by Arthur10 - April 28 2009 at 1:57am
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 7:33am
I dont think dry skin Causes wrinkles....but it can make any you already have seem more obvious.
katrina_kk41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrina_kk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 11:29pm
You can also use some home cure for treating dry skin.And this remedy is really great for dry skin. You need to mash one plantain with a fork until you obtain a paste. Mix it well with a tablespoon full of honey.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 6:37am

Chlorine is also a  huge contributor to dry skin and hair. Our tap & shower water contains as much, or more chlorine than a swimming pool and will dry out your skin and hair (let alone the health concerns of breathing in the vaporized chlorine in the shower, which I wont get into).

If you dont have a water softener system in your home, you can purchase a chlorine filter to put on your shower at any home improvement/hardware store. They start at around $20. I have always suffered from dry skin, which improved significantly after adding a shower filter, I wont be without one now.
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 8:23am
I wouldn't recommend putting on olive oil. Try Aqua Fusion products from Lancome. If your on a budget, try YestoCarrots night cream from Walgreens. I think any night cream will help. Just be careful on how much oil the cream contains.

Also, try yogurt packs. Just take a tablespoon of any yogurt and leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes. Then wash off.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 10:58pm
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2008 at 7:34am
I wouldn't recommend putting on olive oil. Try Aqua Fusion products from Lancome. If your on a budget, try YestoCarrots night cream from Walgreens. I think any night cream will help. Just be careful on how much oil the cream contains.

Also, try yogurt packs. Just take a tablespoon of any yogurt and leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes. Then wash off.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 11:00pm
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 2:57pm
I use coconut oil on my dry skin
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 3:24pm
I disagree with 'not putting olive oil on your skin.' I have been using it for almost two years and it's worked wonders for me. The only caution would add is make sure not to OVERUSE it, as it will clog your pores since it is very thick. However, that's why I use it every other day, and this has kept my skin from being too oily.

Also, I totally agree with the suggestion to take fish oil supplements. I started taking them for a totally unrelated purpose ( rheumatoid arthritis ) and after several months I noticed how smooth my skin was, and how silky my hair was too ! There is scientific evidence that these fatty oils do benefit your skin and hair, and a bottle of fish oil pills is very economical compared to wrinkle creams. It would not hurt to give them a try :-)
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 3:37pm
I used to get really dry itchy skin and found a couple of interesting home remedies that helped so much.  One was to soak in a lukewarm bath (not hot because it makes skin more dry) that was infused with oatmeal flakes.  I would buy Quakers oatmeal - the slow cooking kind - pour about 1 cup into a piece of netting that had enough holes to allow water in but not the oat flakes out and would tie it so that the oatmeal would float in the bath water.  Also, I would mix oatmeal and add extra water and pour that into the bath.

Another option was to make oatmeal and dip my fingertips into the milky section of the oatmeal and slather than on my skin.  It worked so great.

Also, plain yogurt will also help to softena and remove itching.

Hope that helps.
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 9:46am
OMG! I've really gotton into natural supplements and has that made a difference. I've switched from fish oil pills to triple omega pills and alpha lipoic acid (which have also help me loose weight). Well, I have glorious skin, and gorgeous hair. My hair was falling out alot, and I knew it was nutritional. Well I went from a clump of hair in the shower, to a few hairs. I could not believe my eyes. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Buy them at Puritan.com. You buy one and get two free. You can't go wrong with that.

Oh, and if you feel the need to still put something on your skin, try organic jojoba oil. The stuff is amazing. On the days I wear my hair curly, I put it on and is all I need. I no longer need a ton of product and the stuff is actually good for my hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic